Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nicely done, thanks for chiming in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    04 Imola Red / Alcantara / 6 MT
    Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN 37221

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I got flown to California last year to test the Premier A/S against other competitor tires. The Michelins were worn halfway down on all of the Michelin equipped test cars, while all the other competitors were tested with brand new tires. All test performed in the wet.

The Michelins performed better halfway worn in the wet versus the other competitor's new tires.

I'd buy the Michelins.

If you want to read my write up on it, it's here:
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...in-Premier-A-S
    Cool! How "brand new" were the competitor tires? I don't really know much about tire technology or materials, but don't fresh tires need to be driven for a couple hundred miles to wear off the factory anti-stick compound (stuff they use to release it from the tire's mould? I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Cool! How "brand new" were the competitor tires? I don't really know much about tire technology or materials, but don't fresh tires need to be driven for a couple hundred miles to wear off the factory anti-stick compound (stuff they use to release it from the tire's mould? I have no idea.

This was brought up at the event. Michelin states that it is false that the tires need to be broken in, and that a tire's best performance is right out of the figurative box. This information came from one of their folks who actually tests tires. As a result, they ran them brandy new. I honestly don't know if this is some kind of secret or something, but even Tire Rack's website claims that tires need a 500 mile break in, so I don't know what to believe anymore.

What I can tell you is that in some cases, the worn Michelins outperformed certain brand new makes by a significant margin. You can break in a tire, but you're not going to get significantly more performance after break-in, and performance would be marginally better at best. So, there is some truth to Michelin's claims to how their worn tires perform better. In other instances, the performance difference was marginal between Michelin and the competitors.

Honestly, to me, any worn tire that can remotely come close to a brand new non-broken in tire is definitely worth a look.

The cars the tires were installed on ranged in mileage, but they were pretty much brand new cars. Some of them had 9 miles, others had maybe 200, but none of them exceeded 200 or so that I know of.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

OP, if the car will see snow, you'll need a set of proper winter tires. All seasons are NOT meant for winter/snow driving, despite their name (marketing). There will be a huge difference in grip on snow between proper winter tires and any all season set.

Grab a cheap set of wheels on CL and get summer + winter tires. You'll get the best traction possible in all seasons, and each set of tires will see a half-year's use per year, so they'll last ages, too.

Michelin or Continental

So first impression is they ride great, are quiet and feel good. Steering is definitely lighter as suspected but the car had run flats before.

Overall the ride is so nice now and we love them.

Sent from my

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12