Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Completed the retrofit of the bi-xenon EVO-XR lights today from theretrofitsource.com. Kit quality appeared excellent and the user guide on this forum that TomTomTuning made was a great help - http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...t-doityourself

Unfortunately I had an issue with my oem shrouds in that the silver was coming off them so I ended up painting them black with SEM trim paint. I'm not sure yet if I like the look. Anyway, off to aim them properly this evening, and will take some pics of light output and some of the lights themselves tomorrow. If anyone is also interested, I will snap a couple of the burnt ZKW's as well, they were pretty bad to say the least.

Side question, I see people fitting ZKW clear lenses a lot, are the ones I took off the car worth anything?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alpinweiss II 1991 E30 318is

Silbergrau Metallic 2004 E46 330i ZHP

Car looks great! I need to do the TRS retrofit as well!

Quote Originally Posted by theothersawyer View Post
    Car looks great! I need to do the TRS retrofit as well!
    Hardest part is getting the lenses out of the housing, but once you get that out the rest is easy.

I was a little disappointed to find that the holes that TRS drilled into the frames for mounting are not perfectly level on one of them, so now my passenger side is not a nice straight horizontal cutoff, it slopes down from right to left. I will have to now modify the mounting hole to allow it to rotate around a little so I can get it back to square. Its fine for now though in all honesty, but I can't adjust them to get the maximum amount of center lighting the way they are.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well hot damn...

OK, here are a few pictures of the lights after the TRS retrofit. Still can't decide if I like the blacked out shroud look though it does match the black fogs that are on their currently. What I do like about it is that there is still a silver ring around the light as I didn't paint the reflector so it still shows as two headlights which I wanted. I have new lenses on order as mine were in worst shape than I realized.

In the future I want to add good angel eyes (any recommendations, seems everyone is either Khoalty of Orion V2's), I think that would help even out the look a little (or make it look awful, can't decide). I will probably order a pair of E46-r shrouds in case I want to go back at some point.

Name:  Lights.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  200.9 KBName:  Lights-1.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  121.2 KBName:  Lights-2.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  161.1 KBName:  Lights-3.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  180.0 KB

Here are a couple of pics of the burnt out bowls on the original ZKW's..

Name:  Burnt bowl.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  68.7 KBName:  Burnt bowl-1.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  64.0 KB

Absolutely awful, and it is criminal IMHO that BMW did not recall these lights. The output from these was almost zero..

I actually think the black looks good. Tossing some Angel Eyes on there wouldn't hurt either. I had Khoalty's and liked them but up close you could see the individual LEDs so if that bothers you I would look for the Orion V4's which have a lot more LEDs to help eliminate that issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12