Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Will I Need Camber Arms?

So I bought some 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 VMR CSL reps for my ZHP. I received them today and already had my updated bmw center cap and M stickers ready for them. I'm going to install them by the end of the week on my zhp. i have 245 tires in the back and a 9.5 staggered wheel in the back with 12.5mm spacers hopefully it'll fit, if not I'll just trade the front spacers that are 10mm with the back. with no fender roll and a drop from KW-V1 suspension just enough to not have a gap, do you think I'll need Camber Arms?

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-35...reettrack.aspx

I think the drop will be around 1in in the back and .5 in the front. do you need a camber arms whenever you drop a car?
    Photobucket

I run the VMR CSLs (8.5F/9.5R) without any spacers and my wheels are almost perfectly flush with the fender. If you run spacers they'll be poking out. If that's the look you want then go for it. Otherwise you can probably ditch the spacers with those wheels. I personally never cared for poke unless I'm running something pretty wide (>275s).

That being said, you'll probably rub with the spacers so I'd recommend you roll the fenders first (and shave the bumper where it rubs), then try increasing camber.

However, since you're running 245s in the rear, if you don't run the spacers you might not rub with your suspension as it is.
    Current: 2011 E92 M3 l 6 Speed Manual l Lemans Blue l Palladium Silver Leather l Bone Stock

Previous: 2004 330i Imola ZHP l 6 Speed Manual l Sand Beige Leather l Black Cube l VMR V703s l Koni Yellows
    AFE CAI l TRS Bi-Xenons l Adjustable Front & Rear Sway Bars l MFactory Helical 3.38 LSD

I had to roll my rears flat so that I didn't rub. I am running 235/40/18's on an 18x9.5 +35mm offset. I am not running spacers because I would need to run a lot more negative camber than stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARC8's | BC Coilovers | FX-R Retrofitted | Dinan Stage 2 + Intake & Exhaust

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JeffSaysThings View Post
    I run the VMR CSLs (8.5F/9.5R) without any spacers and my wheels are almost perfectly flush with the fender. If you run spacers they'll be poking out. If that's the look you want then go for it. Otherwise you can probably ditch the spacers with those wheels. I personally never cared for poke unless I'm running something pretty wide (>275s).

That being said, you'll probably rub with the spacers so I'd recommend you roll the fenders first (and shave the bumper where it rubs), then try increasing camber.

However, since you're running 245s in the rear, if you don't run the spacers you might not rub with your suspension as it is.
    I think I'll try taking off the spacers then. I don't want to roll my fenders and I want to keep the flush look. I'll see how everything fits I guess.
    Photobucket

I heard that you can fit 255 in the back without rubbing though
    so maybe a 10mm spacer in the back will do the trick to the 245 tires
    Photobucket

Good seeing you around Cam. I'm not a wheel knowledgeable guy but I think it really depends on the et measurement.

Quote Originally Posted by ZacharyMikel View Post
    I had to roll my rears flat so that I didn't rub. I am running 235/40/18's on an 18x9.5 +35mm offset. I am not running spacers because I would need to run a lot more negative camber than stock.

I think the rubbing is because of your +35 offset. My 9.5s are a +43 (or maybe +45) rear offset with 265s and they just barely rub once in a while. I'm not lowered though.
    Current: 2011 E92 M3 l 6 Speed Manual l Lemans Blue l Palladium Silver Leather l Bone Stock

Previous: 2004 330i Imola ZHP l 6 Speed Manual l Sand Beige Leather l Black Cube l VMR V703s l Koni Yellows
    AFE CAI l TRS Bi-Xenons l Adjustable Front & Rear Sway Bars l MFactory Helical 3.38 LSD

Quote Originally Posted by JeffSaysThings View Post
    I think the rubbing is because of your +35 offset. My 9.5s are a +43 (or maybe +45) rear offset with 265s and they just barely rub once in a while. I'm not lowered though.
    It's a combination of the offset and lowering. I am about 2.5" lower with the BC coils. I do not rub, but I am certain I would with a spacer.

ARC8's | BC Coilovers | FX-R Retrofitted | Dinan Stage 2 + Intake & Exhaust

Build Thread