Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would these tires fit a zhp?

thinking of winter and getting a set of snow shoes for the zhp and saw these for sale. The bolt pattern is good @ 5x120mm but since they seem to be for a 1-series not sure if they'd fit our zhp's....Having inquired further on them but from the 1 picture of the tread it seems like a good deal.

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/pts/5160742532.html

The tire might be a little tall (plus they're very narrow) but the wheels would fit. I have the same wheels for my winter set with 225/45R17 General Altimax tires on them.
    -Dave

2004 330i ZHP sedan- 6 speed swapped, Corsa exhaust
    1997 AW 328i- S52 swapped
    2004 IR 330i ZHP 6MT- aFe Stage 1, Shark Injector, RE Underdrives, Dforce LTWs- SOLD
    1997 Technoviolet M3/2/5- LS1/T56 swapped- SOLD

My friend had these on his E36 M3. They should fit our cars just fine.
    I actually have the set sitting in the garage.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Having winter wheels is a must for our cars (unless you live where there is no snow - then, I am sorry for you - because it is important to bring a natural rhythm to your life through the experience of seasons).
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

would narrowness impact performance in the snow? stock rear tires are 255 on zhp's so 205 is definitely a lot smaller and probably look weird visually, but most interested in traction than anything else.

Narrowness (snort) is better in the snow.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

thought i had read that before but wasn't sure (since logically doesn't add up to me because you'd want more rubber on the ground, no?) so this is great. I will contact the seller about them.

Narrower tires are supposedly better for winter traction for a couple of reasons:
    - They'll "sink/cut" through the soft powdery snow to the more compact and grippier snow below as compared to a wider tire that will plow and "ride" on the softer snow. Think narrow skis vs wide power skis.
    - Although people will say there is greater pressure because there is a smaller contact patch (Pressure = Force/Area), the actual difference is minimal between a wide tire and a narrow tire's area. But let's say it gives you a little more pressure through a smaller contact area, then it should provide you with a bit more traction/friction.
    - The shape of the contact patch is more square on a narrow tire rather than short and wide for a wide tire which some people consider a more stable pattern in slippery conditions.

An added benefit is that the taller profile tire will also be more likely to take any damage from material on the road rather than a larger wheel/lower profile tire. I've always driven on a smaller diameter wheel and narrower tire for snow and it's worked great getting to the mountain and other snowy conditions.

ok the seller wrote back and said they were made in 6/2014 and have 1 season on them but said "two of them have a bit of camber wear which is typical of BMW’s and the way they’re set up". Is this true?

Yes. Our cars love the inside edge of the tires. That's typical. 1 season is good and the tires are not old. Strange that in one season there is that much wear through. I am on my 3rd season and no sign of camber wear on my snow tires.

Maybe that guy ran them too long. Still should be good for a bit longer.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast