Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

How much did you pay for your ZHP - Data Collection/Consolidation

EDIT (3/1/17): I'm obviously not on this site any more as I ended up buying an e90. I did realize today that my data collection chart was still being used by wasn't updating correctly. I fixed it and it should be working correctly again. If it screws up again you can find me on e90post.com

What I've done is created a way to catalog some key data from your ZHP purchases with the idea that it would help buyers and sellers know what ZHPs are going for.

So, rather than enter your data as a comment, simply fill out this:
    USE 4.9.16 LINKS AT END OF THIS POST
    form.

As an example of things you can do with the data, I will plot purchase price vs. miles at purchase for purchases made 2013 and later. The chart can be found here.

If you want to see all the data collected, go here.

Let me know if you think other data should be collect with the understanding, the more you ask for the less likely people are to enter it.

Updated links as of 4.9.16

Form: http://goo.gl/forms/tQRDd0wIkE

Chart of miles vs. purchase price since 2014: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...at=interactive

All response data: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Shenanigans; 03-01-2017 at 04:20 AM.

This should be very helpful, especially if it can be populated by older data as well.

EDIT: is there any way to add the purchase date to each data point on the graph? I think that would help give some historical perspective but I have no idea how powerful Google's graphing software is.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    EDIT: is there any way to add the purchase date to each data point on the graph? I think that would help give some historical perspective but I have no idea how powerful Google's graphing software is.

Awesome idea. This though would be a big factor in what the car is worth today. I mean... buying a ZHP with the same mileage today for the same price as what they went for 5 years ago is crazy talk, which I'm seeing a lot of recently.

Thanks for making this form. It definitely makes it easier to see than having to read through a huge thread that we have on here.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    This should be very helpful, especially if it can be populated by older data as well.

Not that I know how. The features seem to be pretty limited. One of course could always copy the spreadsheet and remove the data they didn't care about.
    I could probably figure out a way to only include the last 18 months or so in the plot. I'll have to thing of a way to automate that, but for now, it's time to go back to work.

Schhhhtikied.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Shenanigans View Post
    Not that I know how. The features seem to be pretty limited. One of course could always copy the spreadsheet and remove the data they didn't care about.
    I could probably figure out a way to only include the last 18 months or so in the plot. I'll have to thing of a way to automate that, but for now, it's time to go back to work.
    Hmm. Thinking about it, if I was to input my data now, I'd have the only car with 75k on it purchased for $18k amongst the existing entries, which on the plot would make it seem like I way overpaid for my car, when in reality I bought it for average asking price. It was 5 years ago though, so that's an important data point.

Too bad the data plot can't reflect that. Otherwise, I love this idea.
    If anything, the month/year purchased could just be a text only field on the main spreadsheet, so that if someone wants to see why a particular point on the plot is so far off, they could just look it up.

I didn't even know Google had this feature. Pretty neat!

EDIT: I just went to fill the form out and noticed the "what year did you buy it in" section... was that always there (did I miss it) or did you just add it?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    EDIT: I just went to fill the form out and noticed the "what year did you buy it in" section... was that always there (did I miss it) or did you just add it?
    I think it was always there... I remember filling it out in the morning...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

very handy.....added my info
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Ok, I modified the link in the original post to only plot purchases from 2013 to present. Hopefully this will make the data more relevant. If we get more data points, I can restrict the plot to only 2014-2015 purchases.

I think it's fully automated but won't know for sure until someone else adds a recent purchase.

the car's condition will invariably affect it's price - i got a great deal on mine, but i've also put a lot into it to bring it up to where it should be. can we add a column for "what did it cost to make it 100%" or something like that?

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast