Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hmm damn I just sold my 2006 antenna, mic, and brackets for $45 shipped. Guess I could've gotten more money...although at the time no one wanted anything to do with BT.

mmm, seems about right for used. It's the TCU that's expensive. Going rate on ebay seems to be 200-300 but sometimes you see them for 100 like I did.
    2004 300i ZHP Titanium Silver. Mechanical fan delete. Alcantara/Black Cube. OEM: Bluetooth,iPod,Clears. HK. Bi-Xenons.

I just sold mine for $200 to Charlie.. so they are out there!

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    I just sold mine for $200 to Charlie.. so they are out there!
    Yep....couldn't pass on this and I needed to update my ZHP to the newest one so I can pair my iPhone 5s to it. I would check the classifieds occasionally...I was very lucky I happened to see this almost as soon as Derek posted his for sale thread....all it took was a few texts and a phone call to seal the deal. Again... thanks Derek!

No problem. I see it's been delivered.

I'm curious, if I do this retrofit, will I be able to pair my android devices a Google pixel and stream music?

Currently I have the aux port that goes to the back of the factory business CD player and then I have a 3rd party BT adapter connected to the aux port with an ugly 3.5mm cable.

I really want factory BT to steam music via BT a factory way. Don't really care for the hands free cellular part.

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    I'm curious, if I do this retrofit, will I be able to pair my android devices a Google pixel and stream music?

Currently I have the aux port that goes to the back of the factory business CD player and then I have a 3rd party BT adapter connected to the aux port with an ugly 3.5mm cable.

I really want factory BT to steam music via BT a factory way. Don't really care for the hands free cellular part.
    I believe factory TCU is only capable of transmitting phone calls.

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post

Nope. BT modules in E46 do not support BT streaming audio outside of phone calls.

I just got bluetooth installed using this guide (thanks!) and it works, but I had a few questions just for my own curiosity.

What are these 3 plugs for? The one with the jumper, one that looks like a FAKRA plug, but won't fit any one the plugs on the TCU unit, and one little 3 prong plug. Any idea?

I'm using 2 fakra plugs, but the other 2 are empty. What are these for?

Thanks for the guide! Very useful.
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123