Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I had my ZHP trucked out from Miami to Phoenix when I bought it 3 years ago. HORRENDOUS experience getting it all set up - once I requested a quote from ONE carrier, I started getting bombarded with quotes and contact from a dozen more. It's like they're all one big incestuous network. The guys I chose were difficult to communicate with, had a hard time getting me scheduled (apparently the timeframe I needed an east/west move was when most trucks are going the other direction, or so I was told), and once scheduled, my buddy in Miami who was holding the car from me had all kinds of issues with communication and meeting up with them. Thankfully, the car made it here intact, but I will NEVER go through that nightmare again.

Just in the last month, I bought an E39 M5 from EAG and elected to fly back to Cincy and drive it home myself (1800+ miles). To me, either that, or one of the high-end, enclosed carriers is the only way to go. The latter gets quite expensive, so I went with Plan A. Your distance isn't quite as bad. I agree with the others - road trip! Come up with some "emergency" excuse for your new boss, you'll only need 1 day off as you can tackle the job over a weekend + a Monday or Friday.

Good luck however you decide to go.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Your car looks "tits" btw.. nice score!

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

There's a thread here somewhere I think. Montway comes to mind.

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    honestly, i would fly out and drive it back. make the time if you can, it would be a memorable experience.

peter
    All the shippers are a PITA - they're all brokers and will take your money up front - it will get there, but on their schedule and terms - mine took 4 weeks to get from CT to Omaha, Nebraska (yes, close to lincoln)
    2006 330Cic | Monaco Blue on Natural Brown | 6MT ZHP ZPP ZCP NAVI

My buddy is a Marine and has directly contracted with "Horseless Carriage" twice over the last 6 years, Twenty-nine Palms, CA to DC area for $1500 each way inside an enclosed trailer. He was transporting a fully restored '69 Camaro RS/S convertible each time, I took delivery and the car was flawless each time.

Also, JP (Hermes) has experience with the cost of an open coast to coast transport, I think it was in the same ballpark price-wise.

Bruce
    21 GMC Sierra - mine
    16 X5 M-Sport - wife
    11 M3 - 1st son
    04 Tundra - 2nd son
    17 X1 M-Sport - daughter

Former (mo/yr sold):
    15 335xi M-Sport (8/18)
    11 335is (8/17)
    11 X5 AW/blk (11/15)
    04 330xi blk/gray (7/15)
    06 ZHP SGM/blk (6/15)
    08 335xi blue/blk (4/15)
    04 ZHPci MB/blk (2/14)
    04 ZHPcic IR/Alc (10/13)
    01 540iT anthra/blk (7/13)
    04 ZHPci TIAG/blk (9/12)
    03 540i M-Sport (9/12)
    01 325ci (3/12)
    02 325iT 5MT (10/11)
    05 ZHPci (7/11)
    03 330cic (2/11)
    00 323ci (10/10)

I've shipped cars from the east coast to Lincoln. Figure at least $1000. You can fly out on Fri and easily be home by Sun night. It is a 20 hour drive, maybe a bit longer to RI. One way flights are about $300-350. Delta or United are your only options. Other airlines will get you to Omaha but then you'll spend extra money getting to Lincoln.

Good experience with Montway. My zhp was at my front door in less than a week ( from AZ to FL) The only think I regret it is not paying extra for enclosed trailer (my fault )

New ZHP Owner- Shipping Company recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    There's a thread here somewhere I think. Montway comes to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bello-Bmw View Post
    Good experience with Montway. My zhp was at my front door in less than a week ( from AZ to FL) The only think I regret it is not paying extra for enclosed trailer (my fault )
    I also went with MontWay. Overall it was a fairly easy transaction, I would recommend them. I shipped my M3 from Kansas to Las Vegas for $1300 enclosed. It would of been $900 for open but it was winter time and I didn't want to deal with possible weather damage, theft or vandalism.

"Car shipping thread"

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13119
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

New ZHP Owner- Shipping Company recommendations?

Well... I decided to go pick the car up! Flying out to Lincoln on Friday evening. Should be a fun ride back. Planning to stay Saturday night in Cleveland at a family member's house. I'll wake up early on Sunday & stop by Niagra Falls on my way, taking 90 all the way east.

Should be a great way for my ZHP and I to get acquainted!

Good call! Cheaper, faster, and should be a blast. Take a camera, stop a few times and take some pictures and do a travelog of bringing your car home. In hindsight, I wish I'd done the same. My car would have a thousand more miles on it, but my bank account would have more money in it, and I'd have a hell of a special memory.

You'll start through my old stompin' grounds... I-80 eastbound though Omaha, Des Moines, Iowa City, Chicago, and on east. If I were still in Des Moines, I'd meet you for lunch.

Have a great trip! Take lots of photos!

SC

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast