Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

First bit of mechanical maintenance

Yup. I've had the car for a little while and haven't done any real maintenance, I consider changing the oil a part of ownership and not maintenance. Just got my front brake pads in the other day and tomorrow is going to be the day for it. I would do the rotors too but, I'm broke. I'll get some slotted ones for the next change.

Since I'll have the car up, I'm going to put my other wheels on it and see how it looks. After a bath, I'll get some pics up.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

In for pics.

Subscribed

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

A suggestion hopefully before you started. FYI, on my first Bimmer I just went down to my local MAPA store and got new pads. Big, Big Big mistake. I put them in no problem, I thought. Then when I drove the car they would squeal every time I hit them and what was worst was. If my wife was in the car she commented every time I had to stop and how embarrassed she was. Nuff said.

Since then I have purchased my brake parts from Bavarian autosports and have used their Noise Free Break Squeal Silencer. This is a light grease that I put on all or the metal surfaces that contact other metal surfaces. Haven't had a squeal since. Mama's happy, so I'm happy, end of story.

ps, I also use their Mintex pads, low dust. With ZHP wheels I need all the help I can get.

Happy motoring

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

I like to use the spray on style squeal stopper. I've always had good luck with that stuff. Right now, I'm a little strapped for cash so I had to go with some inexpensive pads. They will get me through until I can afford some new rotors and better pads.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Got them installed. Nice solid stopping with no squealing. The tires add a nice bit of grip, too.

Tell me what you think. Pics.

spencers Guest
    CRC Brake Quiet is some good stuff.

http://www.mz3.net/articles/241.html
    Last edited by spencers; 03-14-2011 at 06:22 AM.

Never used anti-squeal goop myself. Never needed to. I did, however, switch my brakes from the OEM to ceramic to get rid of the brake dust. I bought one of the kits from bimmerzone.com. I called them up and had them switch in Akebono ceramic pads for the standard OEM pads (at an extra cost of $40 or so). Total came to $400 to my door for front and rear pads and rotors (and sensors). Installed them with some help from a couple local enthusiasts in an afternoon. All good to go. Almost no brake dust now, less initial bite on the brakes (but I hated that anyway). The new pads are 10x smoother than OEM brakes, and I'd say about 90% of the stopping power. No complaints.

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoCemia View Post
    Never used anti-squeal goop myself. Never needed to. I did, however, switch my brakes from the OEM to ceramic to get rid of the brake dust. I bought one of the kits from bimmerzone.com. I called them up and had them switch in Akebono ceramic pads for the standard OEM pads (at an extra cost of $40 or so). Total came to $400 to my door for front and rear pads and rotors (and sensors). Installed them with some help from a couple local enthusiasts in an afternoon. All good to go. Almost no brake dust now, less initial bite on the brakes (but I hated that anyway). The new pads are 10x smoother than OEM brakes, and I'd say about 90% of the stopping power. No complaints.
    Just as a heads up.....Ray (Smilez) is a supporting vendor on this site and carries the same stuff. No prob...maybe next time.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim