Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone had rattles after torquing bolts/nuts?

I replaced control arms in an E90 today and now I hear a clunk over small bumps while driving slow.

I torqued everything down to spec however I feel that it sounds loose. I'm beyond annoyed because of this, I even rechecked the bolts before finishing.

Sent from my

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

Hmm...haven't experienced this personally yet on control arms. Any chance it is something minor like a sway bar link that was not tightened down? Also, any chance it is related to struts/mounts causing a ruckus? Sorry man - it's always fun when you finish a project only to have to go back in and make another adjustment or repair.

-Brettski

I only took out the control arms and that was 2 bolts total on each side. At first I thought maybe it is something else but I don't believe so.

I will see today if something is loose.

Sent from my

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

So you just reused the CAB's?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Has anyone had rattles after torquing bolts/nuts?

It's the other front wishbone/ ball joint. I guess the new stiffer control arm bushings made it more pronounced and now you really hear it.

Dane I replaced the CAB's and the arm. You can buy them already pressed in. So number 8 is new but now I need number 15. I'm glad they can be had ready to install.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=31_0740

Sent from my

I picked up a clunk in the front left that's noticeable under the same conditions. It's been several months since I replaced my FCABs and installed new struts and end links. I can't seem to pinpoint where it's coming from. I plan to do engine mounts soon and maybe that'll help or allow me to find the culprit. Hope you find yours!

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.

Parts arrive tomorrow, so this will be done this weekend again.

Sent from my

Weird.

Did you torque with the suspension in the loaded position?

Quote Originally Posted by JFern View Post
    Did you torque with the suspension in the loaded position?
    Yes, I did.

Sent from my

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast