Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Auto tranny shift issue

Hi guys. I've had an issue with my auto tranny since I've owed the car. I have a 2006 zip convertible with 120k on it. Iv done alot researching I can't seem to find an answer. Maybe one of you can suggest a fix. When tranny is getting ready to shift from what feels like 2nd to 3rd or even 3rd to 4th. It feels like it's holding the gear then slams into the next gear. The violent shift happen mostly at wot but I can still feel the car lurching forward a little when driving slow at times. If I feel it's going to happen I let off the gas a little and it shifts fine. If I don't the car jerks violently. This isn't always the case though sometimes shifts happen very smoothly at any rpm. When the car was under warranty I asked bmw to check it several times and they couldn't replicate. It's my understanding the car is supposed to cut power for a second to the engine in order for the shift to happen smoothly. It feels like this isn't happening. I have replaced engine mounts and tranny mounts recently thinking it might have been due to the drive train twisting. Tranny software was also updated to fix the hard downshifts. Any ideas? Thanks.

Change fluid, filter and magnets. Do some research first.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Change fluid, filter and magnets. Do some research first.
    X2...

When I had my step ZH I changed the oil at 100K and it was nasty!! Drain don't flush, new filter and clean the pan out real good. I went with Redline oil and it shifted great afterwards.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    X2...

When I had my step ZH I changed the oil at 100K and it was nasty!! Drain don't flush, new filter and clean the pan out real good. I went with Redline oil and it shifted great afterwards.
    Thanks I'll give it a try.