Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

BMW E46 European Aspherical Mirror doityourself

It seems like a simple thing, but I have been so impressed with these mirrors that I wanted to give them some props in this forum.

When I transitioned from a sedan to a coupe, the one thing that I noticed right away was that the b-pillar in the coupe was right in my field of view when I looked over my shoulder to check the lane next to me. I felt that the visibility was much better in the sedan in that regard. In order to try to minimize the problem, I looked to the European Ashperical mirrors.

These mirrors give a much wider field of view than the mirrors that come with the car. In addition, there is a small section at the outermost part of the glass that has an even more convex surface to allow for an extremely wide, albeit distorted, field of view.

When you put these factors together, you have a mirror that makes a car that is right next to you visible in the mirror glass. Not only is there no blind spot, there is actually a very brief period of time when the front of the vehicle next to you is visible to your eye's peripheral vision while the rear of the car is actually still visible in the mirror. It literally gives you overlapping fields of view.

I can honestly say that as far as safety is concerned, this is by far the best $200 I've spent on my car.

Highly recommended!
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

+1

I bought them last year and don't know how I drove without them. I still "headcheck" but my situational awareness is heightened and more confident then where it was before.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Wow, never knew these existed . . .

I already follow the recommendations in the Car & Driver article "How To: Adjust Your Mirrors to Avoid Blind Spots" (& I highly recommend all of the family do the same). I can't imagine how I drove safely before . . . adding these mirrors would kick my situational awareness up to near-omniscient levels!

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

Very cool. Added to my ever expanding list...
    -ADAM

Great review, I wasn't aware of these either. The B pillar in the vert is HUGE, so this is a great idea for when the top is up. I'm a little surprised they cost so much. $196 at ECS Tuning, wow. John
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Great review, I wasn't aware of these either. The B pillar in the vert is HUGE, so this is a great idea for when the top is up. I'm a little surprised they cost so much. $196 at ECS Tuning, wow. John
    Worth double that......
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Worth double that......
    Agreed.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Just ordered mine.
    "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

2009 Horizon Blue Mini R56 Cooper S 6spd
    2012 Pepper White Mini R56 "Justa" Cooper 6spd
    On the hunt for an e30, z3, or 318ti...

Was that $196 per mirror? I paid about $116 (I think) for my DS mirror at the dealership. Given that even the sedan has a profound DS blind spot, it's definitely money well-spent!

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MsRN View Post
    Was that $196 per mirror? I paid about $116 (I think) for my DS mirror at the dealership. Given that even the sedan has a profound DS blind spot, it's definitely money well-spent!
    $196 for the pair, I believe.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast