Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Those TMS pedals are gorgeous. You and Botond talking about the RS4s have put my mind at ease. I know they’re good tires, I’ve just never had Hankook before. What size Arc-8s did you get ?
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Glad to see you out of hibernation! Lots of good stuff!
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by rkneeshaw View Post

I have to say those look pretty nice. The one issue I have with the m performance pedals was at my last event. It was raining and I was terrified my damp shoe / pedal would cause me to slip off the brake when rev matching at the end of a straight.

Those look very grippy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rkneeshaw View Post
    The weather has been clearing up quite nicely around here, so I've been thinking about the car a lot more again.

I've been coveting the look of the black aluminum pedals from Turner and finally pulled the trigger

And, these babies showed up:

Hankook RS4's are backordered for a few more weeks

Hawk Street Race pads are ready to go on for the next track day, counting down the days!

Those pedal look sweet when new. But, if you drive a lot, that black finish will wear off.

I've had mine since 2011 or 2012 and they're absolutely trashed. If I had to do it again, I'd get the same pedals but in silver so the coating doesn't wear off.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Great looking pedals and wheels.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Those pedal look sweet when new. But, if you drive a lot, that black finish will wear off.

I've had mine since 2011 or 2012 and they're absolutely trashed. If I had to do it again, I'd get the same pedals but in silver so the coating doesn't wear off.
    I was thinking the same thing. Those black ones look great when new though.

I'm still waiting on Turner to run a sale on these so I can say they forced my hand. They're the only pedals I've been able to find for this car that would work with wet shoes and also has a smooth gas pedal instead of grippy.

I guess they've been good for you if they're showing wear in your perfect interior!

Edit: typing that out made me think of the OMP pedals in my other car that work great so I googled around to see if someone had tried them in an e46....jackpot

http://m3.madrussian.net/review_omp_pedals.shtml
    Last edited by ZHPizza; 03-21-2018 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Those TMS pedals are gorgeous. You and Botond talking about the RS4s have put my mind at ease. I know they’re good tires, I’ve just never had Hankook before. What size Arc-8s did you get ?
    I went with 17x9 square. I've heard good things about the RS4's for track tires. They grip as well as any other and everyone reports probably 3x as many track days out of a set compared to other 200tw tires.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post

Ah bummer, I kind of wondered about that, how well that black finish will hold up. I do like how they made the clutch and brake super grippy, and throttle smooth, great for heal-toe.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

What a car, looking forward to the pictures and updates

Swapped in the e90 mirror with homelink. You'd be surprised how hard it is to get a good pic

Found a good place for the track wheels and tires

Track mode, engaged:

Apex Arc8's, Hankook RS-4 255/40R17 square, and Hawk Street Race (DTC30) pads

Track day at Gingerman over memorial day weekend

Tons of fun. I love these tires and brake pads. The Hankooks easily have as much grip if not more than the pilot super sports, were very consistent lap after lap, and at the end of the 2 day weekend showed hardly any wear. At $150/tire, its a very economical setup that performs very well. The brake pads also were super impressive. They are squeaky and dusty as hell, but have great bite when cold and they haul down so much speed on the track. I was really impressed. But because of the noise and dust they are NOT a good street pad, so I will switch back to the OEM forumated pads for street.

Still working on my throttle issue in my tune. Getting closer but not quite there yet.

It was super hot on Sunday, 90 degrees. After about 4-5 laps the car got warm, but if I backed off for a couple turns it cooled back down. Hard not to expect it to get a little hot on track on a 90 degree day with boost. Fortunately 90 degree days are rare in Michigan, so I'm not really concerned enough about it to do anything. I know FI cams would drop PSI slightly, I could go back to a non-underdrive waterpump pulley, or I could go with methenol injection if I had to deal with it more frequently.

On Sunday they reversed direction on the track, this was a first for me, going "backwards" on Gingerman. It was surprisingly a lot of fun! Its a totally different track in reverse. I really liked it!

https://youtu.be/ajIvQgItphc
    Last edited by rkneeshaw; 06-03-2018 at 04:21 PM.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

Nice tire rack! So it was your engine temp not your boost temp that was rising? Unfortunately, it will be in the 90s for the next 5 months here...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast