Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    those are a bilstein damper-based kit, should be decent...

for the rear wheels... yikes. you could either run crazy negative camber in the rear, massively flare out the rear arches... or get new wheels.

peter
    Yea Im not too fond of having to run camber in the rear. Im more looking into what I can do to the fenders. Im probably just going to roll the crap out of them and if that doesn't work I'll have to get some bodywork done, i.e. fender flares.

Quote Originally Posted by Jconlin16 View Post
    Nice work! Your car looks great. I need to set one of these up for myself.

As far as your rear wheels, what are the offsets? I'm pretty sure I've read of others fitting 9.5 in the rear, lowered, without issues. Hopefully someone will chime in.
    This is what I'm working with: http://www.modbargains.com/velocity-...tyle-wheel.htm

Not sure what the offset is because they were with the car when I got them.

| AFE Cold Air Intake | VMR 701s | Bimmian Phone Bracket + Alween Magnetic | Zimmerman Coat Z Rotors + Bosch Quiet Cast | G.A.S. 1.2 BAR Coolant cap |
    | G.A.S. DISA Rebuild Kit | Besian Systems VANOS Rebuild + Anti Rattle | Mirimoto HID retrofit | Orion V2 (Opaque) |

"I've always thought of the hardcore ZHP owners as a bunch of pricks that over value an option package, this cements that position."

So, I pulled the DISA about 30 mins ago to check it out..Ive been getting a weird clicking from the region of the car.

Naturally, I expected the DISA to be in shambles; however, the DISA looked to be perfectly fine. I cleaned it and reinstalled it. The noise is still there.

My question is: does the DISA valve ever fail in a way other than the typical flap breaking scenario?

| AFE Cold Air Intake | VMR 701s | Bimmian Phone Bracket + Alween Magnetic | Zimmerman Coat Z Rotors + Bosch Quiet Cast | G.A.S. 1.2 BAR Coolant cap |
    | G.A.S. DISA Rebuild Kit | Besian Systems VANOS Rebuild + Anti Rattle | Mirimoto HID retrofit | Orion V2 (Opaque) |

"I've always thought of the hardcore ZHP owners as a bunch of pricks that over value an option package, this cements that position."

Quote Originally Posted by justinwilson77 View Post
    So, I pulled the DISA about 30 mins ago to check it out..Ive been getting a weird clicking from the region of the car.

Naturally, I expected the DISA to be in shambles; however, the DISA looked to be perfectly fine. I cleaned it and reinstalled it. The noise is still there.

My question is: does the DISA valve ever fail in a way other than the typical flap breaking scenario?
    Sounds like it can fail in other ways, although I haven't really heard about it...

Any ideas on how I could compensate for my super wide wheels on the rear? I'm not sure if they'll fit if I lower it as much as I want to (2 inches all around).
    Judging by the pic earlier in the thread, it looks like you have ET35 wheels. They stick out a lot, and is a somewhat aggressive offset for lowered cars. My wheels are ET35 as well and they are almost right on the fender. I had to modify the rear plastic in the wheel well so it wouldn't rub anymore, and my fenders were already rolled (by you!), so the plastic was the source of my rub. If I was a fraction of an inch lower, I'd rub in a way that can't be remedied, and if the wheels were any lower offset, I'd rub on the fender lip again even though it's rolled. It's that tight.

You may not have to lower it that much. If you don't want to get new wheels, then I'd say just keep lowering it until you find that point where it's as low as it goes without rubbing. It'll still look good even if it's not as low as you want it. If you want a tuck, then you're either going to have to pull your fenders, run stretched tires (I highly advise against this both from a looks perspective and from a safety perspective), or run different wheels. It looks to me like the tires are already stretched slightly.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    Sounds like it can fail in other ways, although I haven't really heard about it...
    Well, mine might have failed at the lever or something. It was just weird because the noise is coming from where the DISA is at but the DISA looked fine. Im going to pull it again tonight and have another look.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Judging by the pic earlier in the thread, it looks like you have ET35 wheels. They stick out a lot, and is a somewhat aggressive offset for lowered cars. My wheels are ET35 as well and they are almost right on the fender. I had to modify the rear plastic in the wheel well so it wouldn't rub anymore, and my fenders were already rolled (by you!), so the plastic was the source of my rub. If I was a fraction of an inch lower, I'd rub in a way that can't be remedied, and if the wheels were any lower offset, I'd rub on the fender lip again even though it's rolled. It's that tight.

You may not have to lower it that much. If you don't want to get new wheels, then I'd say just keep lowering it until you find that point where it's as low as it goes without rubbing. It'll still look good even if it's not as low as you want it. If you want a tuck, then you're either going to have to pull your fenders, run stretched tires (I highly advise against this both from a looks perspective and from a safety perspective), or run different wheels. It looks to me like the tires are already stretched slightly.
    Damn, I was looking at them last night and Its gonna be tight. I need to roll the crap out of them. I'll probably end up getting different wheels in the spring and using these as a winter setup.

These are what I'm looking at. I just dont know a lot about offset and what offset would give be the best tuck wwhen I slam sheila.

http://www.apexraceparts.com/apex-pr...7-Wheel_2.html
    Last edited by justinwilson77; 09-17-2015 at 06:32 AM.

I though you said flapper was very loose in your text to me.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Damn, I was looking at them last night and Its gonna be tight. I need to roll the crap out of them. I'll probably end up getting different wheels in the spring and using these as a winter setup.

These are what I'm looking at. I just dont know a lot about offset and what offset would give be the best tuck wwhen I slam sheila.

http://www.apexraceparts.com/apex-pr...7-Wheel_2.html
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1234

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I though you said flapper was very loose in your text to me.

It is holmes, I posted that before I texted you and realized that it wasn't supposed tobe loose.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast