Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    100k out of a set of rotors is pretty impressive. Obviously, some of you guys do way more highway miles and way less stop/go than others.

This makes sense now the more I think about it. There are literally almost no rock chips on the wife's X3. Put that together with the condition of the rotors, and the 42,000 miles on the clock, and clearly it must not have seen many highway miles.

I appreciate all the feedback, guys! Interesting stuff.

I was pretty to happy to find out the brakes are relatively inexpensive to replace. Now, the two leaky front struts... That's a little different story.

SC
    2004 ZHP Vert - Titanium Silver 6MT
    BMW CCA Rocky Mountain Chapter #504522
    ZHP Replacement: 2012 E93 M3 * Daily Driver: 2007 Hummer H3 Adventure * Wife-mobile: 2016 VW Touareg Exec

I changed out my OEM pads and rotors at 80K and the rears wore out before the fronts. This was probably due to the traction control. I just changed those pads and rotors out prematurely at 135K going with Hawk 5.0 and Brembo rotors. The Hawk's are a new Ferro-Carbon and perform great and the Brembo rotors have a zinc coating that reduces rust. Purchased the pads and rotors from Tirerack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Judging by the lip that's already there on the front, mine won't last nearly to 80k. Maybe 60-70 on the ZHP. The X3 definitely won't make it to 60k.

I'll have to get a caliper and check it to see how it compares to spec as I'm just totally guessing right now

One thing that really bugs me is all the options... The OE rotors and pads are filthy (which drives me insane), the Hawks supposedly get squeaky... Bah. Somebody decide for me. ;-)

The X3 is easier as I'm not as worried about it as the ZHP.

SC
    2004 ZHP Vert - Titanium Silver 6MT
    BMW CCA Rocky Mountain Chapter #504522
    ZHP Replacement: 2012 E93 M3 * Daily Driver: 2007 Hummer H3 Adventure * Wife-mobile: 2016 VW Touareg Exec

Guy (3ZHPGuy) above has had those Hawk HPS 5.0 pads on for a while now, he could speak to their noise level. They're what I decided on, I just have to install them. I agree, my wheels get filthy from brake dust in a matter of days after I wash them with the OE pads. It's pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ecrabb View Post
    One thing that really bugs me is all the options... The OE rotors and pads are filthy (which drives me insane), the Hawks supposedly get squeaky... Bah. Somebody decide for me. ;-)
    EBC Redstuff. Damn near zero dust. Silent. Cheaper than stock. Lasts an extremely long time.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

lucky for you guys i do carry EBC RED STUFF brake pads :P

I do about 50/50 city/highway and my rears lasted 75k. Like Guy said, probably the DSC in the snow.

I replaced the fronts about 35k ago and they're still in great shape. I think over 60% pad thickness.

That's all on OEM ATE rotors and Pagid/Textar pads.
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Smilez View Post
    lucky for you guys i do carry EBC RED STUFF brake pads
    How's the bite/fade?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Automatic transmissioned vehicles are always harder on brakes than manual transmissioned vehicles too. Instead of some engine braking when you lift off the throttle in a manual, the auto trans is always pushing you forward, thus working the brakes harder when you need to slow down and subsequently wearing them out more quickly.

-Brettski

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Guy (3ZHPGuy) above has had those Hawk HPS 5.0 pads on for a while now, he could speak to their noise level. They're what I decided on, I just have to install them. I agree, my wheels get filthy from brake dust in a matter of days after I wash them with the OE pads. It's pretty bad.
    Still not a sound after 5000 miles and this pic was just taken at around 500 miles since the last wash. This is a front wheel, the mileage was all dry, and a variety of back country roads, highway and a little congested suburbia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast