Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zhp tool!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Long magnetic/claw grabber thing.
    ^ That. That times a hundred.

Magnetic nut/bolt dishes are also pretty useful.

And William already mentioned this, but you'll need torx sockets for damn near anything you do.

Good list. Luckily, I've collected most of the tools I need over the years. I still need to grab some Torx sockets, and the biggies - jack and stands. On the "need to buy soon" list.

SC
    2004 ZHP Vert - Titanium Silver 6MT
    BMW CCA Rocky Mountain Chapter #504522
    ZHP Replacement: 2012 E93 M3 * Daily Driver: 2007 Hummer H3 Adventure * Wife-mobile: 2016 VW Touareg Exec

Just go by my theory - you NEED everything, most of it in duplicate! Or, in other words, if you can't buy tools what's the point in living?

Quote Originally Posted by Just_George View Post
    Just go by my theory - you NEED everything, most of it in duplicate! Or, in other words, if you can't buy tools what's the point in living?
    What's awesome is that it isn't just rationalization! I can legitimately justify ever tool purchase I make with my wife. All I have to do is show her a single estimate from the stealer to do something like a valve cover gasket: $678.65. Look, honey... I got the parts for under $100, and I need a couple of miscellaneous tools for $78. I still saved us $500!!!

$500 for a jack and stands? No big deal. They'll literally pay for themselves the first time I use them to install FCABs.

Tools are awesome. So are dads that raise their kids as inquisitive, resourceful, confident and knowledgable DIY'ers. Thanks, Dad!

SC
    ZHP Replacement: 2012 E93 M3 * Daily Driver: 2007 Hummer H3 Adventure * Wife-mobile: 2016 VW Touareg Exec

Don't forget the Bentley on the off chance the mafia can't answer a question for you!

Also to add to the long magnetic thingie, I have a long pair of thin forceps that I find useful for accidental Butterfingers retrieval.

-Brettski

Quote Originally Posted by ecrabb View Post
    What's awesome is that it isn't just rationalization! I can legitimately justify ever tool purchase I make with my wife. All I have to do is show her a single estimate from the stealer to do something like a valve cover gasket: $678.65. Look, honey... I got the parts for under $100, and I need a couple of miscellaneous tools for $78. I still saved us $500!!!

$500 for a jack and stands? No big deal. They'll literally pay for themselves the first time I use them to install FCABs.

Tools are awesome. So are dads that raise their kids as inquisitive, resourceful, confident and knowledgable DIY'ers. Thanks, Dad!

SC
    500 dollars for jack stands is outrageous, the best harbor freight tools ones are more than reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    500 dollars for jack stands is outrageous, the best harbor freight tools ones are more than reliable.
    He said jack AND stands but you still don't need to spend that much
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Zhp tool!!!!!

Ok, I was exaggerating a bit. I was thinking a good aluminum jack at $250 and a couple of good stands at $150 or so, so about $400 total.

SC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12