Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Zapco DC 650.6 6 channel AMP

I don't know much about car audio, but I guess the previous owner of my 04 ZHP put a good amount of $$$ into it. It is powered by 2 Zapco DC 650.6 amps. One of them doesn't work and when I went to a car audio guy he told me I need that exact amp because its run on rca cables I think. That amp is $1000 alone just wondering if there is any other way. Should I resell the whole system and get another less expensive one, would that be worth it? Or just live without car audio? I am not a fanatic and need to have the most booming system that is why spending $1000 on an amp seems a bit excessive for me.

Holy $#!$ that was an expensive amp. I think the audio guy meant it does not have RCA cables, it uses balanced cables which are much better but rare in car audio. You could replace with a different amp but you'd have to run different cables. And get an amp that duplicates the functionality.

If this isn't the same model it might be similar enough:
    http://www.woofersetc.com/p-10299-re...amplifier.html

The bad thing about a previous owner doing all that is it will cost you a lot to change it in any way....

One thing to think about is getting the amp repaired. Zapco amps are built very well and should be repairable. Contact them.
    ~Will
    2004 Imola Red 330i
    6MT, Black Leather, Silver Cube, Cold Weather pkg, mostly Stock

Thanks I just sent zapco a message! Yeah I saw that amp and asked the audio guy about it and he said the length is too big.

I just wanted some tunes in my ride without cashing out big bills! Although I don't mind listening to my exhaust note.

Zapco DC 650.6 6 channel AMP

I'll have to do a little looking, but you should be able to convert balanced to unbalanced. You can do it in prosound and home audio, so I can't see why you could do it with 12v.

Another option would b to get the Zapco repaired by a repair tech. I know a guy who repairs all sorts of electronics that can probably repair it. Might cost a few hundy, but I'd probably do that over ripping out a really good system to replace it with inferior stuff. If you're interested, I'll contact my friend and ask him if he'd be willing to repair the Zapco and what it might it cost.

Cheers,
    SC
    2004 ZHP Vert - Titanium Silver 6MT
    BMW CCA Rocky Mountain Chapter #504522
    ZHP Replacement: 2012 E93 M3 * Daily Driver: 2007 Hummer H3 Adventure * Wife-mobile: 2016 VW Touareg Exec

Aw man I actually already shipped it to Atrend Inc. for them to hopefully repair it. I'll be sure to contact you next time.

I'll let you guys know how it goes.