Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Manual Vs Auto

Manual Vs Auto

So currently I have an Alpine White Zhp at 99,000 miles with an Auto transmission. My friend just replaced his auto with a manual in his 2001 740i by himself(he has a lift and everything needed). I have thought about having him help me change mine but don't know if it is worth the work/money. Basically, do you think it would increase the value of the car much or no? I know most people looking for Zhps want a manual one and therefore are likely willing to pay a little more. I just don't want to do all the work if it is going to really hurt me in the long run. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Not worth it. If you want a manual car, sell the auto and get a manual one.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by tnoobz14 View Post
    I know most people looking for Zhps want a manual one and therefore are likely willing to pay a little more. I just don't want to do all the work if it is going to really hurt me in the long run. Any input is appreciated. Thanks
    Unless you are keeping the car for yourself to enjoy, no one looking for a ZHP is going to want one that differs significantly from the original build sheet. A lot of folks who do swaps, whether it's interiors or transmissions are keeping their cars for the long haul. Significant mods like these do not add value regardless of what people are looking for. Sell the auto and buy a manual.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    Unless you are keeping the car for yourself to enjoy, no one looking for a ZHP is going to want one that differs significantly from the original build sheet. A lot of folks who do swaps, whether it's interiors or transmissions are keeping their cars for the long haul. Significant mods like these do not add value regardless of what people are looking for. Sell the auto and buy a manual.
    +1

+1

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Yup

Sent from my iPhone

I agree too.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    What Dan said here...

First, ask yourself why you want a manual in the first place...
    BMW could have made the Steptronic ZHP an 'also ran'.
    Instead, they went the extra mile to upgrade the Step to make it worthy of the rest of its "Performance Package".
    They put the 3.64 diff with the finned diff cooler in there, and they upgraded the shift programming.
    I have a 330i ZSP Step and a 330i ZHP Step and the shift program is definitely NOT as aggressive as the ZHP's. What you would think are damn near the same, are not at all. Completely different animals.
    I would argue that the performance difference between a properly driven Step, and a properly driven manual is really only a factor when you hit the track. AND, the performance difference is a LOT closer than you'd ever expect.
    I own a manual ZHP as well.

BMW CCA # 510252

Manual Vs Auto

I've had two auto e46s, in addition to driving my dad's zsp auto.

There's no difference in the shift programming in any way, other than a higher red line in the ZHP.

The difference you might be experiencing is a ZF vs GM transmission.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast