Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How I bought my BMW 330 ZHP

For about a month I watched the well known sites like cars and autotrader. There were 3 cars I had my eye on. Two of them were identical, 2004 330 coupes, Mystic blue, 6 spd with the upgraded killer double spoke 71 rims. Both cars had under 51k and both had been under $18k. But when I was ready to call and set up a meeting they both had been sold. So my last choice was a 2006 black same specs. Again I called and the dealer couldn't sell it all winter and shipped it to auction. Strike three. So I was ready to just bail on the idea, then decided to check autotrader last Friday night and wammo there she was. I called, she was there, and I was there the next morning in Bridgeport CT staring at it. The dealer is so small they didn't finance so I had to deposit a few hundred and leave empty handed.

So one week later I finally secured the cash and made another road trip 130 miles up through NJ, NY and into CT. When we got there the owner was on vacation and his son was stuck in traffic on his way there. So the owner so kindly called his daughter to open the place for us because we are arranged to come thirty minutes early. Now she is a first grade teacher and does not work there, but she was very kind and laid back starting the paperwork etc...

So the son arrives 30 minutes late and we get rolling on all the standard signing papers and writing checks for large sums of money. I actually had 2 checks left in my checkbook and was so pumped up I screwed up the first check and then I realized oh shit if I screw this up on my last check I'm done. My palms started to sweat and I actually spelled thousand wrong on the check I was so nervous. Note to self, always bring more then two checks to the close. But they didn't seem to mind. Keys given, hands shook and later...

We took the Merriit Parkway bypassing the disaster that is Route 95 at the dealer's recommendation. And of course it was clogged up due to a car that broke down in the left lane and dude with bluetooth in ear stood there staring at it. Hey dude you might want to put that shitty Toyota in N and push it onto the shoulder!! Just a thought. Anyway, bumper to bumper traffic but my car just purred along waiting for the first sign of open pavement. And just my luck some beat up POS minivan was tailgating me and I could see the women yappin on her cell phone the entire time she was behind me laughing and hand jesters the whole bit. I was gritting my teeth talking to myself and dropping some foul language. That's all I need this lady to slam into me cause she's clueless.

As we neared the Tappen Zee Bridge the road really opened up and I obliged. My neighbor was flying along in my pathfinder and I found myself several lanes and cars behind. No problem. In a blink without downshifting cruising along in 6th this machine accelerated so smooth and was so responsive almost giving me a approved "wink" as it caught up to my neighbor. Man that alone was worth the 5 hour round trip. That lone moment with the radio off windows up and me by myself in this perfected machine. Further down the road I actually found myself lagging behind several more times, of course on purpose.

So I arrived safe at my house, tired, hungry, and thirsty for a pint of Two Hearted Pale Ale homebrew I have on tap. But I was safe and so was my car.

Great story. I couldn't be happier for you.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Moving to the general forum.

Love the story, Johnny.

I have made that drive several times, love the story!!! Hope I can have your luck bro

Thanks guys appreciate all the kind words I have received here. What a great site.

Quote Originally Posted by M3TA5IN View Post
    I have made that drive several times, love the story!!! Hope I can have your luck bro
    You'll find one, just look every day and research and you'll find her. And btw, hopefully I'll never drive that route again..geeeesh talk about cluster F up there.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrad View Post
    And btw, hopefully I'll never drive that route again..geeeesh talk about cluster F up there.
    This is why I live south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Cool story and a great acquisition.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrad
    Thanks guys appreciate all the kind words I have received here. What a great site.
    You are welcome. Happy to have you here, Johnny.

Welcome to the forum. A great story and a beautiful car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast