Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Khoalty Interior LED Light Kits and turn signal bulbs

I have an 05 Coupe with the OE LED tail lights and front fender mounted OE LED turn signals. Further, they are the white lenses, all OE. I currently have the "stealth" type turn signal bulbs in the front one piece OE Adaptive Xenon headlight assys. I want to install an LED "bulb" in this location but want to know if anyone has experience with the Khoalty offerings. They have a set of Cree Samsung's for $30 ( http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-e46-cree-...gnal-bulb.html ) or a set of Non-Cree bulbs for $22 ( http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-e46-led-t...gnal-bulb.html ). Does anyone have any experience with either of these bulbs? Did you need the resistor to stop flickering or quick blinking. I figured everything else is LED, might as well make it 100% all around.

Further, has anyone got feedback on the LED interior light kit they offer as well. Looks like everything is converted over from dome light to trunk lights and everything in between. ( http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-e46-led-i...ights-kit.html) . Any issues?

I have the ziza interior LEDs and really like them (ECSTuning)

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    I have the ziza interior LEDs and really like them (ECSTuning)

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.
    Same here. Good kit

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Thanks Shawn and VAS, I will look at that Kit as well then. Any advice on the front headlight assy. mounted turn signal LED bulbs? Those are what I am primarily looking at.

I have a coupe as well and I've had the same question since the front turn signal bulbs are the only halogens (apart from the passing lights). Unfortunately, I haven't had a lot of luck finding info on any brand that has a similar light output and color profile as the original halogen turn signal bulbs

I'd be interested in what you find.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I have a coupe as well and I've had the same question since the front turn signal bulbs are the only halogens (apart from the passing lights). Unfortunately, I haven't had a lot of luck finding info on any brand that has a similar light output and color profile as the original halogen turn signal bulbs

I'd be interested in what you find.

Look for 25W or 50W CREE CANBUS bulbs on eBay. I have the 25W versions front and back.

The 25W are a touch brighter than stock, and the 50W would probably be closer to OE BMW LEDs on the newer cars.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Look for 25W or 50W CREE CANBUS bulbs on eBay. I have the 25W versions front and back.

The 25W are a touch brighter than stock, and the 50W would probably be closer to OE BMW LEDs on the newer cars.
    Roger. Now I have to figure out what type of bulb I have. RealOEM is a bit confusing, and I haven't figured out how to take out the turn signal bulbs. They're not as simple as the sedans.

Quote Originally Posted by JGomon View Post
    Thanks Shawn and VAS, I will look at that Kit as well then. Any advice on the front headlight assy. mounted turn signal LED bulbs? Those are what I am primarily looking at.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Roger. Now I have to figure out what type of bulb I have. RealOEM is a bit confusing, and I haven't figured out how to take out the turn signal bulbs. They're not as simple as the sedans.
    It's a 7440 bulb for the facelifted coupe. Just look for any LEDs with that bulb type and it should be fine. Try to keep it the same width as the regular bulbs though else it won't fit in the hole. You'll need resistors to stop the fast blinking unless you get some high powered ones (But I would get resistors anyways to be safe). I would stick to the ones that have the LEDs pointing in all directions because the corners in the headlights use the bowl to reflect the light outwards, so having it just direct on the top of the bulb is kind of useless.

it's actually kind of hard to take it out with the headlights in place. You can do it, but it's super hard. I have a few times cause I was lazy. But it's way faster if you just loosen the screws holding the headlight and push it forward a little so you can get to it. It's the long brown/orange stalk in the corner.

edit: Just clicked on the second link to the LEDs that OP posted. Those are similar to the ones that I currently run on my car. They are pretty bright. Lights up the car next to me when i use it at night lol And it's definitely bright enough to see during the day