Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

$31K for a (very) low mileage 2006 ZHP Coupe w/ 6MT? Apparently

2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    I'm brand new to this - introduced myself just yesterday - so I apologize in advance if I'm in the wrong place (that happens a LOT). After reading a member's comment about Enthusiastic Auto offering a very good selection of BMWs, including the odd ZHP, I thought I'd take a quick look. They did indeed have one in stock, and a very nice one at that ... with a 6spd manual transmission ... in that fantastic sparkling graphite ... why, it's my car! Lol. Except for one very important difference: this one has just 13K on the odometer (vs 89K on mine). Oh, and this version is located in Ohio, while mine is in British Columbia. But $31,000? Well, good on Enthusiastic if they can get it. From what I have read here and elsewhere, they provide great service and have a sterling reputation.

I'm contemplating - out of necessity - selling mine down in the U.S., so it's good to know that the Sparkling Graphite colour vastly increases the value! Lol

http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?f...7_0=2&1574_0=1

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 474
Size:  22.1 KB

No.

They aren't car max, you can negotiate with them. I'm sure KevinC can provide more info as he purchased a car he really wanted from them, but that is a heavy mark up for a 10 year old car. Absolutely not worth that much. You know when new cars depreciate as soon as you drive them off the lot, well, the second you drive off of EAG's property the car is worth blue book because that's the standard you get as a private individual without their sterling service and support. I just think for that much you are better off with an ///M.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

That car isn't and never will be worth that price even with EAG's "sterling" reputation and support. You can buy turnkey ZHPs elsewhere, not just from EAG, which would have been their only selling point.

While I respect EAG for the service and quality they provide, I STILL think they're on crack when they decide to price these cars. You look at a car's asking price and that usually gives you an idea of how much the price can go down, but I'm thinking I wouldn't be paying north of $20k for it. Would ANYONE come down 11k on an asking price? Unlikely...

Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    I just think for that much you are better off with an ///M.
    Overpriced even by E46 M3 standards.

sent from my Droid Turbo
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Overpriced even by E46 M3 standards.
    +1

I meant in terms of big picture, now you have an "M car" sort of thing...plus maintenance and all that.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Yes, agreed ... I was shocked to see that figure. And in CAD, that's $40K!

But there's more! EAG just posted photo/details of a brand new arrival: a 2005 ZHP Coupe, silver grey, manual trans, w/ 22,000 miles on it. Price? $26K
    Just below, you can purchase a 2006 325Ci, sparkling graphite, for the comparatively low price of around $9,500. Granted, significantly more miles on the metre, but still ...

(Personally, I can't get over the prices they are charging - and appear to be getting, at least for the priciest of the bunch ($125K) - for E30 M3s!)

Nearly nine yeas ago in December 2006, I purchased my 2003 saloon with 28,090 miles for $29,495. That was CPO with bumper to bumper warranty and full maintenance for five years or 50,000 miles. That being said, prices haven't changed very much.

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    Nearly nine yeas ago in December 2006, I purchased my 2003 saloon with 28,090 miles for $29,495. That was CPO with bumper to bumper warranty and full maintenance for five years or 50,000 miles. That being said, prices haven't changed very much.

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
    Yeah, but now here's a car that is significantly older being sold for close to that price, and it's not even a collector car. It doesn't make any sense.
    You got a far better deal.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I can live with paying a premium at EAG because while most dealers just detail the car and put it back for sale at a profit, they actually do all the maintenance that is needed and you get a "turn key" car that you don't have to worry about putting additional money into for PM. However, the premium they ask for can be insane, such in this case.

In the recent past they had an IR 4dr with 68K on it for $19K, which is high but not astronomically high like this sample and i could see myself willing to pay close to that # for it. I'd never consider paying $30K for any zhp.

A car (or anything else for that matter) is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. By all accounts, EAG is wildly successful at what they do. Yes, they charge TOP dollar. But you get what you pay for, IMHO, and that of many others too.

My guess is that someone will snap up that ZHP at their asking price. Eventually. It's a $45k car (at 2005 dollar valuation) that's essentially "new". Someone who absolutely loves the ZHP and doesn't want a high-mile car or one with a mysterious pedigree, and has the means, won't flinch (too hard) at that price. Hell, that barely buys a new Camry nowadays.

I bought a 2002 M5 from EAG in July, and it was a stellar experience. The M5 had over $6500 in maintenance and preventive service performed by EAG before my purchase. After looking my "new" car over, my neighbor about shit when I told him that it was not a brand new car, but in fact was 13 years old.

Eric @ EAG told me a ton of their business is repeat customers. People wouldn't keep coming back if they didn't feel they received value on their first transaction. I'm not surprised - good chance I'll be back eventually too.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

As outrageous as the price sounds, it is essence the same as real estate. If someone is getting those prices for a ZHP that in fact only helps current ZHP owners get a higher resale of their own vehicles, especially someone with lower miles in good condition. I say JACK UP THOSE PRICES EAG! It benefits all current owners. Whatever the highest price that someone is willing to pay is the "market value". It's a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk