Thanks John! I'm an old guy who has owned all sorts of American, Japanese and German cars over the past nearly 50 years. My take on our E46 suspension system is it is a marvelously engineered arrangement designed to be lightweight and to keep optimal traction with road at all times. Unlike Honda or Toyota, BMW uses rubber bushings extensively throughout the suspension to accomplish this optimization. These bushings through normal wear and aging effects experience increased elasticity (some bushings also experience reduced elasticity), "set", elongation, etc. and no longer provide optimal control. Additionally, because it is a suspension "system", replacing some of these normal wear components while leaving original bushing components in place does not return the suspension to its original optimal form. I found this out the hard way by having some of the front suspension and rear suspension components replaced by a so-called knowledgeable indy mechanic last March. Now that ALL of the rubber components in the suspension system have been replaced, the car is totally predictable. I now know what a proper BMW driving experience feels like. Bottom line: If one has an E46 with 100K+ miles, plans to keep it for a long time and wants to have like-new optimal road handling, a full suspension refresh is the ticket.