Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another milestone achieved!

We all love celebrating every time our odometer ticks past a big number (130k happened last week, by the way), but I've got a different reason to pop the champagne today...

As you know, many of our biggest purchases don't truly transfer ownership until years down the road. It's usually the case with cars, and nearly always the case with homes, that you "own" your property in a colloquial sense, but your bank really owns it.

Well, it's been just shy of five years, but today I sent my final car payment off to the credit union - three months early, too! As soon as it's processed, the title transfer will take place and I will own Echo outright! Due to my history of trade-ins (and the occasional early demise), this will be the first time I've actually had a vehicle paid off since about 2008.

I cannot wait to save a few more bucks dropping my insurance to liability only, and I'm desperately looking forward to freeing up the car payment money for maintenance/modifications... now that she's all mine, I need to make sure she's in shape to last me a loooong time.

Zebra Horse Power - PSA: The Hypermiling Thread
    Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

Congrats, Kevin ! Good to hear the news.

Congrats man! Just wait till you get that title paper in your hand. Good feeling. The best kinds of cars are the paid off kind...only adds a cherry on top that it's a ZHP to boot!

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Congrats.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

congrats. it is a good feeling to be car payment-free. i haven't financed a car in... goodness, i can't even remember! it's been a while.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Congrats, but I highly recommend keeping full coverage insurance just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    Congrats, but I highly recommend keeping full coverage insurance just in case.
    +1 maybe with higher deductible.

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.

Good deal Riker. I still remember my first ride ever in a ZHP that evening in long beach.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Congrats, man. having the car paid off is awesome.

Car payments seem to be like herpes, they never go away. The most i've gone without a car payment is like 18mths, then i find something i want (or need) and off we go again.

Congrats. And, plus one on the insurance, but I sure you've thought about that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast