Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Need an opinion Headlights. OEM ZKW Vs. Depo W/ Angel Eyes

Another option is to replace the bowls with the refurb OEM bowls from Clemsone46...
    I probably would of gone this route if he had them available when I did mine
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Another option is to replace the bowls with the refurb OEM bowls from Clemsone46...
    Only to have them go bad again?

sent from my Droid Turbo
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

TheRetroFitSource.com offers a full rebuild kit for like 280 shipped - angel eyes
    Theres an E46F Member selling his unopened kit for like 190 because he ordered the wrong kit and doesn't wanna deal with the sky high restocking fee.
    Should I buy it and rebuild them slowly then buy new lenses and angel eyes?
    And if thats a yes, what brand angel eyes should I buy? I trust you guys as a strong and serious repository for info so let me know!
    Im hoping to install my old LCM module from my Black Metallic ZHP, along with the auto leveling sensors into my Imola ZHP to see if i can get that Auto Leveling function that my old ZHP had and I LOVED.

I don't know if its plug and play with my LCM module from my black car, or do i need to get my "Computer flashed" to properly have it happen?

I'm kinda new to significant upgrades like this, so bare with me on my lack of knowledge lol

I have plenty of questions, so feel free to respond openly and constructively !

Best,
    Brandon !

Any LCM change will require VIN and Mileage coded. The dealer is NOT able to do this for you so you'll need to find a local enthusiast who has the appropriate software to do so.

I can do it if you ship me the LCM. Just cover shipping both ways.
    Why are you swapping LCM's though? You shouldn't have to unless you're swapping in a v4.0 or higher one. Otherwise, it's not worth it.

sent from my Droid Turbo
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Is this your thread on E46F?

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1090205

Just installing the auto-leveling sensors on the control arms wont work. You need to have the wiring in place, both from the control arms to the LCM and from the LCM to the headlamp assemblies. In my opinion, its really not worth the effort to install auto-leveling if you did not have it from the factory. Just go with the bixenon retrofit and make sure you align the projectors properly so that you are not blinding oncoming traffic.

I have my factory auto-leveling disconnected because every so often the passenger side beam would get un-aligned.

I did a FX-R 3.0 bi-xenon retrofit in my car along with which I also have Khoalty brand angel-eyes and I have coded them to by my DRLs. The FX-R 3.0 projectors have an amazingly sharp cut-off and a very wide beam pattern. I could even say that they are better than the stock ZKW projectors (un-burnt) and lenses.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Any LCM change will require VIN and Mileage coded. The dealer is NOT able to do this for you so you'll need to find a local enthusiast who has the appropriate software to do so.

I can do it if you ship me the LCM. Just cover shipping both ways.
    Why are you swapping LCM's though? You shouldn't have to unless you're swapping in a v4.0 or higher one. Otherwise, it's not worth it.

sent from my Droid Turbo
    Im not sure what Version my old LCM is but, that old lcm is the module that was made to accept auto leveling so i assumed it would be a plug and play function. I've heard of some of the programs to to do the VIN and Mileage change but I'd be interested if what I'm thinking is correct that it will allow me to have auto leveling

BTW, I would love to have OEM M3 Mirrors like you do, it looks perfect

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Is this your thread on E46F?

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1090205

Just installing the auto-leveling sensors on the control arms wont work. You need to have the wiring in place, both from the control arms to the LCM and from the LCM to the headlamp assemblies. In my opinion, its really not worth the effort to install auto-leveling if you did not have it from the factory. Just go with the bixenon retrofit and make sure you align the projectors properly so that you are not blinding oncoming traffic.

I have my factory auto-leveling disconnected because every so often the passenger side beam would get un-aligned.

I did a FX-R 3.0 bi-xenon retrofit in my car along with which I also have Khoalty brand angel-eyes and I have coded them to by my DRLs. The FX-R 3.0 projectors have an amazingly sharp cut-off and a very wide beam pattern. I could even say that they are better than the stock ZKW projectors (un-burnt) and lenses.
    Yes it is mine! I'm looking for any info I can get, but now I'm just discouraged to even try the retrofit of the auto leveling

I didn't even know that the wiring was necessary for the function, I figured it was just sensors and the LCM being coded to accept the function ... yeah I'll deff just be wiring the ZKW's with new internals and setting the projectors to one fixed position in that case. Thats kind of a shame, I really miss that function I didn't think it would be that difficult to do. I'd assume the wiring job would look like spilled guts on the floor lol

Too many wires, not enough knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I'm having ClemsonE46's bowls installed in the next few weeks. I'm waiting on Umnitza to call me back to make sure I'm getting what I need with my setup. I'll be sure to give feedback afterwards. My bowls are so shot! It's dangerous to drive at night without the fog lights on!
    04 Imola Red / Alcantara / 6 MT
    Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN 37221

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123