Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post counts -- jumped

You may have noticed that some of your post counts jumped today. Don't be alarmed. LOL.

Quite simply, when I was creating new forums (especially in OT) during the past two days, I did not disable those forums for post counts before I tossed all of the old OT threads into the new forums. As a result, post counts that would not have otherwise counted just jumped up. Turns out that it's an irreversible process.

Anyhow, the new forums are now disabled for post counts in the new OT forums that were created. From here, just as before, posts in OT will not count toward post counts (unless, of course, I make the same mistake again, which won't happen).

Chalk this up as a learning experience in forum management.

Test.

EDIT: Well, I guess I don't spend much time in the OT sections :-p

Zebra Horse Power - PSA: The Hypermiling Thread
    Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

I only had them disabled in the test forum and in OT.

They didn't teach me this stuff at forum management school. Still, logically, it makes sense. Once I created a new forum, and threw the old posts in it, I unlocked the rule that had been in place while those posts sat in the old forums (where the rule was no increase in post count).

Anyhow, the rule is prospective -- not retroactive. So, there is no way to undo it. From here, there won't be an increase for posts in OT and Test.

I like those new subforum links you put up on the main forum page Marcus.
    Been gone all weekend and just now noticed.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

The new setup looks good. I like organization.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Thanks, guys. My goal is to simplify your user experience. I put myself in your collective shoes and do my best.

Think we'd all fit in there, all cosy with you?

325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77
    Think we'd all fit in there, all cosy with you?
    You guys fit in just fine, oli.

I was away for a few days and I really like the changes Thanks Marcus.

Thanks, Kristen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast