Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Not with that attitude!

Anyways, that info helps. Thanks, Vas

I can get my 255/35/18 rears to break loose if I try, but when I drove my father's on significantly narrower 225/45R17s Pirelli P Zero All Seasons, the broke loose at fairly similar speeds, maybe a few mph slower, which was surprising that they had that much grip.

Sigh. I think I'll be happy no matter what I do given the significant weight savings in all options, just need to make an executive decision.
    Sorry. I don't follow. 😕

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

My attempt at a lame joke.

For anyone thinking about the 18inch Apex setup...Group Buy for all the different types.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...414#post456414

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Recently, I made the switch from Style 135's to a square set of Arc8's, 18x9.5 +35mm. They are wrapped in 235/40r/18 Bridgestone Potenza RE70's. I ran these wheels for one week on factory suspension before changing to BC Racing coilovers.

Although most of the people in here appear to be leaning toward 17's with a taller sidewall, I'll still chime in.

Yup, those are the decisions I'm weighing. On the ZHP you have with 235 sections, is that a square setup? Did you find any significant loss of grip from the switch?
    I used the same tires on the 135's. After switching to the Arc's, I can say that I noticed a huge improvement in sure-footedness while cornering. The car did feel neutral, but more confident at higher speeds. I'm assuming that the change was due to moving from an 8-inch wheel to a 9.5-inch. There was zero rubbing with the factory height. As soon as I switched to the BC coilovers, I had to roll fenders to ensure that there wouldn't be any rubbing.

I run -2 deg rear camber and -1.5 up front. I daily drive my car, and don't race it at all, so I am not as knowledgable in the autocross/track department. I can say that I have noticed an increase in tramlining every once in awhile (especially now that it's colder), but nothing that I haven't been able to get used to. Overall I am very happy with my setup and think it's fairly practical for a dependable DD configuration.

And of course, picture time

ARC8's | BC Coilovers | FX-R Retrofitted | Dinan Stage 2 + Intake & Exhaust

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    For anyone thinking about the 18inch Apex setup...Group Buy for all the different types.

For spring?

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by ZacharyMikel View Post
    Recently, I made the switch from Style 135's to a square set of Arc8's, 18x9.5 +35mm. They are wrapped in 235/40r/18 Bridgestone Potenza RE70's. I ran these wheels for one week on factory suspension before changing to BC Racing coilovers.

Although most of the people in here appear to be leaning toward 17's with a taller sidewall, I'll still chime in.

I used the same tires on the 135's. After switching to the Arc's, I can say that I noticed a huge improvement in sure-footedness while cornering. The car did feel neutral, but more confident at higher speeds. I'm assuming that the change was due to moving from an 8-inch wheel to a 9.5-inch. There was zero rubbing with the factory height. As soon as I switched to the BC coilovers, I had to roll fenders to ensure that there wouldn't be any rubbing.

I run -2 deg rear camber and -1.5 up front. I daily drive my car, and don't race it at all, so I am not as knowledgable in the autocross/track department. I can say that I have noticed an increase in tramlining every once in awhile (especially now that it's colder), but nothing that I haven't been able to get used to. Overall I am very happy with my setup and think it's fairly practical for a dependable DD configuration.

Looks awesome. Pics before BC's at factory height by chance?

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:

Looks awesome. Pics before BC's at factory height by chance?
    Certainly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARC8's | BC Coilovers | FX-R Retrofitted | Dinan Stage 2 + Intake & Exhaust

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ZacharyMikel View Post

For some reason the photo is restricted, but your non coilover photo looks great. I really love the look of the concave wheels!

Thanks for the input, I'm considering the 18s on 235 section tires. Well I'm considering all of them but it helps to have people chime in who have experience with specific wheel/tire combinations.

Going in on it?

Going in on it?
    If it was for the 17s...

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    Sold:

It looks like they had a group buy for 17s that ended on 10/27. I wonder how often that'll come around.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast