Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Brand reliability! Your Experience Needed

Hey all,

I'm getting ready to do the VANOS seals, spark plugs, valve cover gasket, fuel filter, and motor/transmission mounts.

I've shopped and it looks like BavAuto has the best deal. I'm kinda done paying ECS Tuning's shipping prices. They're outrageous.

I'm going with:

-NGK Spark plugs (BKR6EQUP)
    -Mann fuel filter (w/seal ring)
    -Lemfoerder M3 Motor mounts (15487-01)
    -UUC M3 Transmission mounts

Now. BavAuto's Vanos repair kit/valve cover gasket set is $120, shipped. Is there any reason I wouldn't go with this kit instead of ordering the Beisan kit and buying the valve cover gasket seperately? Seems like it saves me money, and gets me free shipping. What do you guys advise?

ARC8's | BC Coilovers | FX-R Retrofitted | Dinan Stage 2 + Intake & Exhaust

Build Thread

VCG and sparks for me soon too. Interested to hear how you like the NGK...

03 ImolaRot|6sp|Alcantara|Silver Cube|CW|Xenons

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

1979 911sc: The Perpetual Project

The OEM seals used in the VANOS are known to lose their elasticity in a short period of time. The Beisan seals are made of a different material.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Brand reliability! Your Experience Needed

There are only a couple of brand/part numbers of spark plugs that work reliably with our motors. I don't have that info handy as I just went with OEM last time because my Wife works at a dealership and it was years ago when I last replaced them...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    There are only a couple of brand/part numbers of spark plugs that work reliably with our motors. I don't have that info handy as I just went with OEM last time because my Wife works at a dealership and it was years ago when I last replaced them...
    What are the reliable brands concerning spark plugs for our cars?

03 ImolaRot|6sp|Alcantara|Silver Cube|CW|Xenons

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

1979 911sc: The Perpetual Project

I did the following on my imola sedan. I am almost at 139k and everything is great.

Was going to do the seals but decided to just get the Dr.Vanos and save some time.

Dr.Vanos - Mileage 92,775 - Date 1/5/13
    NGK Spark plugs - Mileage 92,775 - Date 1/5/13
    OE BMW Valve cover gasket - Mileage 92,775 - Date 1/5/13
    OE BMW Valve cover seal gasket - Mileage 92,775 - Date 1/5/13

When you do the fuel filter, get the install kit that BavAuto Sells.

Also Tischer BMW has the valve cover set for $55.00

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    I did the following on my imola sedan. I am almost at 139k and everything is great.

Was going to do the seals but decided to just get the Dr.Vanos and save some time.

Dr.Vanos - Mileage 92,775 - Date 1/5/13
    NGK Spark plugs - Mileage 92,775 - Date 1/5/13
    OE BMW Valve cover gasket - Mileage 92,775 - Date 1/5/13
    OE BMW Valve cover seal gasket - Mileage 92,775 - Date 1/5/13

When you do the fuel filter, get the install kit that BavAuto Sells.

Also Tischer BMW has the valve cover set for $55.00
    Thank you sir! I will be going with the Beisan seals then. I don't have the rattle issues, thankfully.

Most people say that the NGK's I have listed up top are one of the best, aside from OEM. I'll let you guys know what I think.

ARC8's | BC Coilovers | FX-R Retrofitted | Dinan Stage 2 + Intake & Exhaust

Build Thread

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by 09mageec View Post
    VCG and sparks for me soon too. Interested to hear how you like the NGK...
    I have the NGK and they are very good. No complaints at all. Got them from ECS.
    --Bryant

2004 330i ZHP Imola | 6MT | /// Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel | Khoalty Angel Eyes | eBay Headers | Euro RCR Light Package | Vibrant Performance Custom Exhaust