Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Peak Error Codes

I took delivery of a 2006 ZHP convertible today. Overall, it runs great and I am very pleased with the performance. Unfortunately, when I hooked it up to the peak scanner I got the following codes:

20 - Idle Control Valve
    2774 - Engine Cut Off Time
    2753 - Thermo Oil Level Sensor

The first and last I have already found articles on but was wondering if anyone else ran across the 2774 error? The dealer did an emissions test and it passed with flying colors

Are these P0 codes?
    Probably too late to ask, but did you have a PPI done?

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a PPO done as the car was just serviced at BMW 8 weeks ago. I talked to the dealer and they said there were no issues with the car. The other thing to keep in mind is I got this car for about 4 to 5K less than they usually sell for as the dealer thought it was a regular 330CI. So even if I have to spend a couple of K I am a head of the game

Just b/c they serviced it doesn't mean they scanned for codes. But then again they could have appeared after the service also. On to the codes. Can you give the exact numbers? I've never seen/heard of a 20 , etc.

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.

Hi Shawn,

The codes are from a peak tool - next to the number I listed what the books said the problem is:

20 - Idle Control Valve
    2774 - Engine Cut Off Time
    2753 - Thermo Oil Level Sensor

So the 20 sounds like the idle control valve is dirty or needs replacing and the Thermo Oil Level Sensor seems like a pretty easy fix. I'm just wondering about the Engine Cut Off Time as I have scanned many boards and although a lot of people have had the error very few found a solution

Do you have an Advance Auto near you. The one here will let me borrow the obd2 scanner with a deposit of my driver's license. If they won't lend it to you for use in the parking lot, they will usually scan it for you. Try to get those codes. Reset them if you can (or they will) and then see what they are and if they come back. Other ideas?

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.