Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New ZHP owner in OR

New ZHP owner in OR

Hi, I just got my first-ever ZHP, an '05 sedan in Silver. Till now it's been mostly older cars (still selling my '83 6'er).

Name:  IMG_6922.JPG
Views: 101
Size:  1.47 MB

Loving it so far, but a few questions I need to sort (which I'll probably post to the respective forum sections):

1) There's a small bit of steering wheel pull. It happens only sometimes when braking, and also rarely when the road has some long-straight irregularities, where the wheel briefly tries to "follow" the trench or crack. Is this most likely a

2) Need to figure out a good way to sync an iPhone 6 with the radio, or just swap the head unit for one w/ solid (and new) USB and BT.

3) The wheels are replacements, so I'm in the market for 135s to swap back in.

Otherwise, this is SO fun to drive so far!

Old cars are cool! Welcome

Welcome. I got a small USB receiver PLT-810 from Amazon and plug it into a cig lighter adapter (one with two slots so I can charge the phone too). It works great though the one I got doesn't do phone call audio only music/audio. Do you have an aux Jack? Just plug a cable from the USB into the aux.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447027159.842109.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  344.0 KB

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Welcome. I got a small USB receiver PLT-810 from Amazon and plug it into a cig lighter adapter (one with two slots so I can charge the phone too). It works great though the one I got doesn't do phone call audio only music/audio. Do you have an aux Jack? Just plug a cable from the USB into the aux.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447027159.842109.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  344.0 KB

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.

Hey, thanks for this great reply. I should have mentioned that I do have an aux in port installed (exactly like the one in your pic).

What I really HOPE I can find is an interface or a new head unit that allows the steering wheel's controls to work 100%, e.g. stuff like:

-- advance to next track in Spotify / SoundCloud, etc.
    -- Not worry about phone's volume setting (USB overrides the phone's volume)
    -- Allow calls to be taken / placed, ideally using steering wheel controls as well.
    -- Ideally, display should sync with phone.

Not sure what's out there, it's been a while since I mucked with car radio stuff... will start the shopping process soon, though!

Welcome.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

I've been using the Dension GW1LBM1 iPod adapter for almost a year now and it works great with the steering wheel controls, although only the track number will display on the head unit . You'll need to get a 30-pin to lightning adapter if you want to connect your iPhone 6. There are 2 different models, one for the Business radio (http://enfigcarstereo.com/DENSION_GW1LBM1.html) and one for the Nav (http://enfigcarstereo.com/DENSION_GW1LBM4.html). Installation videos on their website were very helpful.

Recently, I purchased a ViseeO WMA1000 bluetooth adapter to work with the Dension unit. The combination of both the Dension GW1LBM1 + ViseeO WMA1000 has also been working great and works with Android (though I haven't tested it with an Android phone). Head unit and steering wheel controls work with every music app that I've tried and it also auto plays as soon as your phone is connected. I like keeping the factory look and I think this is probably the best route if you want to keep your factory radio and have wireless bluetooth audio w/ steering wheel controls.

Howdy. Glad you are enjoying the ride.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; all stock
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPChow View Post
    I've been using the Dension GW1LBM1 iPod adapter for almost a year now and it works great with the steering wheel controls, although only the track number will display on the head unit . You'll need to get a 30-pin to lightning adapter if you want to connect your iPhone 6. There are 2 different models, one for the Business radio (http://enfigcarstereo.com/DENSION_GW1LBM1.html) and one for the Nav (http://enfigcarstereo.com/DENSION_GW1LBM4.html). Installation videos on their website were very helpful.

Recently, I purchased a ViseeO WMA1000 bluetooth adapter to work with the Dension unit. The combination of both the Dension GW1LBM1 + ViseeO WMA1000 has also been working great and works with Android (though I haven't tested it with an Android phone). Head unit and steering wheel controls work with every music app that I've tried and it also auto plays as soon as your phone is connected. I like keeping the factory look and I think this is probably the best route if you want to keep your factory radio and have wireless bluetooth audio w/ steering wheel controls.
    So the wma1000 attaches to the Denison unit and you can stream music and make phone calls via Bluetooth and use the steering wheel controls? (Assume iPhone 6 adapter is not needed).

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast