Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

4K power dip dealer fix

how many people have gone to the dealer to get this fixed? Do they charge? if so how much?

I dont really have a strong dip, but i can kind of notice it.
    Can i have the dealer check and see what software im running? If so is there a cost for that?

Thanks for your experience guys.

I had the dealer send my ECU off to NJ for the 4k reprogram. Charged me $100: $26.38 for the recode, $73.62 for labor.

Edit: Well damn, I didn't get a new DISA . . . I guess that's what I get for not knowing about the SIB.

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

What is an SIB?

Does the dealership charge for the software and the DISA?

I thought it was just a software problem and didnt really involve HW (DISA)

How long did it take to get the ECU back?

Couldnt you take out the ECU yourself and save some $$?

thanks for the Doc looks like this is an official BMW release, if i bring this to them will they know what it is?

SIB = "Service Information Bulletin", usually associated with known problems & fixes or recalls; officially released by BMW NA. Yeah, mention the SIB number to a dealership service advisor & they should know exactly what you're talking about.

IIRC, it only took a couple days to have the ECU out, reprogrammed, & back; I'm pretty sure they overnight it.

I imagine you probably could walk into the dealership with ECU in hand; might depend on the dealership whether they'd service it or not.
    Last edited by Crickett; 03-15-2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: mo' info

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

I just printed it and im gonna head to the dealership right now..... we will see what they say, be back in a bi with an update.

He ran a check on the VIN didnt pull anything up.
    I showed him the SIB, he said they would have to check the car out=1 hour of labor=$125

Same thing to see my current software, $125.

The dip isnt really bad, and to be honest if i never read anything about it....... i prolly wouldnt have paid any attention to it.
    Not sure if its worth going down that path with BMW.

Maybe bugging BMWNA will give me some results.
    Is this the SIB info that i should reference: Engine Electrical B12 209 05 04/06/2005
    Last edited by florida2002m3; 03-15-2011 at 12:17 PM.

I dislike so many dealers.

I wouldnt bother with the dealer on this issue, it just seems like a dead end everytime. My vote is to go to a good indy shop and have them update your DME. It shouldn't cost more than $100 and the problem should get fixed.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

03 TiAg 330i ZHP
    -Alex

Ah-HAH! That's why I didn't get a new DISA! Good to know I wasn't jerked around . . . more than usual, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by spencers View Post
    Aw hell, a newer TSB supersedes the one I posted!
    SI B 12 17 05
    September 2005

I've attached it. It appears they've gotten snooty about doing the repair. Jerks!
    I think there is a more recent SIB then this one. I believe they don't have to send the DME to Jersey anymore, but can do the update in house now.

Looks like they ninja edited out that little tid-bit on the DISA too, Jerks!

03 TiAg 330i ZHP
    -Alex

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast