Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

As an aging car guy, BMW was inevitable.

In high school it was American muscle. In college it was VTEC. As an adult it's been AWD turbo. Now that I need the best combination of comfort and performance, two years of research led me to ZHP, and the last two months were spent finding an unmolested one with 59K. So here's the new Pony in my stable. I'm big into forums, so looking forward to being part of the ZHP family.

Here's how she sits locked behind a gate on the side of the house until I have time to get an alarm installed.

Name:  IMG_1249.JPG
Views: 349
Size:  1.91 MBName:  IMG_1250.JPG
Views: 290
Size:  1.51 MB

First inquiry I have is any input on good or bad ideas for security. Any suggestions/advice is super helpful.

Thx in advance,
    -U

Wow. Only 59k. Your car looks great. Tell us more about it. Good luck with your project to improve the security on the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Welcome! Beautiful car.

As for security - an alarm isn't going to keep anyone out that really wants in. I'm sure you're aware of that. What are you trying to protect that would be attractive to thieves? Aftermarket tunes?

Probably best to add the BMW alarm. It will activate the "clown nose" at the bottom of the mirror. That flashing red light will probably keep amateurs away as well as the alarm itself. A "pro" won't care about either. Good luck!

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    Welcome! Beautiful car.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    Probably best to add the BMW alarm. It will activate the "clown nose" at the bottom of the mirror. That flashing red light will probably keep amateurs away as well as the alarm itself. A "pro" won't care about either. Good luck!
    I have to agree with Kevin.. the best in my opinion is to get the factory BMW alarm.

I would first program so that the clown nose blinks when the car is locked. After that an OEM alarm.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Welcome! Sounds like we followed the same path to BMWs. My wife was a big time Honda girl in the late 90s and 00s... Now she's a BMW girl too.
    You ride looks sweet... And low mileage is a great bonus
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Welcome. Nice car. I agree, clown nose activated, then BMW OEM alarm.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Welcome! Nice find.

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

welcome! i love TiAg!

i also went the VTEC>AWD Turbo>BMW route over the last 20 years. couldn't be happier with the ZHP as a family hauler. it is incredibly well-rounded.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast