Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Lightbulb heated seat question

I have my old crashed ZHP sedan, with the full heated seat wiring inside the baffling to the car
    I have the center console unit with heated seat options

Now I've seen other people like Dane, successfully do it all....
    BUT, in essence - could I not just wire my car to accept heated seats since I have the necessary wires just sitting here, then buy OEM heated seats to just bolt into my car like plug and play?

I was considering buying the retrofit kit, but I don't necessarily see why I should?

if ANYONE knows how to wire the center console and floor connectors for the seats properly, please let me know what approach to take and if my previous assumption is correct

I'm also in the market for Alcantara interior, I gave my older brother my old Heated interior like an idiot for his S54 Sedan.
    I've even considered doing Imola Red interior, my brother owned an E46 M3 Imola/Imola/6MT and I always liked the way it looked but I'm presently reconsidering as time progresses
    I've heard people say it looks tacky, but I think it looked great but maybe cause it was an M lol

too many ideas and not enough time.

Thanks again guys!

Quote Originally Posted by ZHP_Brandon View Post
    I have my old crashed ZHP sedan, with the full heated seat wiring inside the baffling to the car
    I have the center console unit with heated seat options

Now I've seen other people like Dane, successfully do it all....
    BUT, in essence - could I not just wire my car to accept heated seats since I have the necessary wires just sitting here, then buy OEM heated seats to just bolt into my car like plug and play?

I was considering buying the retrofit kit, but I don't necessarily see why I should?

if ANYONE knows how to wire the center console and floor connectors for the seats properly, please let me know what approach to take and if my previous assumption is correct

I'm also in the market for Alcantara interior, I gave my older brother my old Heated interior like an idiot for his S54 Sedan.
    I've even considered doing Imola Red interior, my brother owned an E46 M3 Imola/Imola/6MT and I always liked the way it looked but I'm presently reconsidering as time progresses
    I've heard people say it looks tacky, but I think it looked great but maybe cause it was an M lol

too many ideas and not enough time.

Thanks again guys!

The car should be pre-wired for heated seats. I think it's a simple affair of installing the heated seats and installing the switch panel.
    Of course, the car should have it's VO coded for it as well, but I don't know if this is entirely necessary.

EDIT: Just did a quick search and it seems that the car is NOT pre-wired, though I only invested all of 15 seconds searching (I'm at work). You will need to install the heated seat wiring harness.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    The car should be pre-wired for heated seats. I think it's a simple affair of installing the heated seats and installing the switch panel.
    Of course, the car should have it's VO coded for it as well, but I don't know if this is entirely necessary.

EDIT: Just did a quick search and it seems that the car is NOT pre-wired, though I only invested all of 15 seconds searching (I'm at work). You will need to install the heated seat wiring harness.
    Where did you search the info up besides a quick google search, I haven't found anyone actually using the OEM retrofit kit
    I don't want to pull apart seats and install the the heated elements, as I have plans on inheriting some heated seats from a buddy who owes me money anyway

So I need to install the switch panel, which was a given - and run the wires from the switches to the seats yellow connector
    Now, as for actually installing the components into the yellow switch under my seats and including the wiring into that baffling, how do i go about that? I have the instructions for the wiring diagrams but its not necessarily the most common knowledge.

I still have heated seats that I can try this out with, to make sure it works. I just would love to know how to wire this correctly since I know this DIY is super rigorous

I used the OEM retrofit kit. the retrofit kit does not include seat heating elements. I found a source from Europe and had those installed under my seat leather.

If the car did not come with heated seats originally it will not be wired for it. I am not knowledgable with wiring so I had a shop do it for me. They went ahead and installed the new button panel too. No coding was necessary after install. Everything worked (and continues to work) fine once it was finished.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    I used the OEM retrofit kit. the retrofit kit does not include seat heating elements. I found a source from Europe and had those installed under my seat leather.

If the car did not come with heated seats originally it will not be wired for it. I am not knowledgable with wiring so I had a shop do it for me. They went ahead and installed the new button panel too. No coding was necessary after install. Everything worked (and continues to work) fine once it was finished.

Thats awesome, when I searched it all up on here I was tempted to DM you but I didn't want to be too forward.
    How much did they charge you for the install? My buddy here in NY owns a performance shop, so I'm tempted to ask him because he's BMW Tech and did a custom N55 Swap into an E30 M3 so I'd like to think it would be relatively easy for him lol, but if its really possible to do it my self I wouldn't mind getting my hands dirty.

Theres a thread over on E46fanatics of someone who did the wiring themselves. I am not sure how in depth the write up goes. If you are comfortable with it, go for it. I believe its mostly routing. the retrofit kit had directions for it all.... http://www.angelfire.com/myband2/ds/...ts-English.pdf

I forget how much the shop charged me. It was a few hundred. When I picked up the car he made sure to tell me how nicely he routed everything as a matter of personal pride, even though I would never see the wires. Made me glad I had him do it.
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    Theres a thread over on E46fanatics of someone who did the wiring themselves. I am not sure how in depth the write up goes. If you are comfortable with it, go for it. I believe its mostly routing. the retrofit kit had directions for it all.... http://www.angelfire.com/myband2/ds/...ts-English.pdf

I forget how much the shop charged me. It was a few hundred. When I picked up the car he made sure to tell me how nicely he routed everything as a matter of personal pride, even though I would never see the wires. Made me glad I had him do it.

I've seen it and it seems very vague and its not with the OEM retrofit, he kindve just freestyles it and I'm kindve afraid to pull the trigger.

Am i better off just getting it installed by someone else?

I usually go the safe route. I won't tackle anything mechanical without someone experienced around. And as far as wiring, I would rather just have someone with experience do it. So thats what I did.