Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jwalther View Post
    I feel sorry for those of you living in mandatory front plate jurisdictions.
    Indeed. Especially with a plate mounted like this one - sorry guys, but 99.9% of these front plate "solutions" just look like A$$. The Europeans don't seem to have a problem slapping a huge front plate on their cars, and where necessary here, it should just be center-mounted on the proper mount and call it a day, IMHO. To have it sticking out awkwardly on one side just looks slapped on.

Or just move to Arizona and enjoy a front plateless existence and ultra-dark tint (the latter not technically legal, but they never bust ANYONE for it here due to the desert heat).

Car looks fantastic otherwise though.. that paint luster is fabulous.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    Indeed. Especially with a plate mounted like this one - sorry guys, but 99.9% of these front plate "solutions" just look like A$$. The Europeans don't seem to have a problem slapping a huge front plate on their cars, and where necessary here, it should just be center-mounted on the proper mount and call it a day, IMHO. To have it sticking out awkwardly on one side just looks slapped on.

Or just move to Arizona and enjoy a front plateless existence and ultra-dark tint (the latter not technically legal, but they never bust ANYONE for it here due to the desert heat).

Car looks fantastic otherwise though.. that paint luster is fabulous.
    The Euro plates are different and more slim since they are just long. So they sit above the center opening of the bumper and look alot better.

With the US plate, it sits in the center and makes the front of the car look like it has buck teeth. I personally do not mind the offset plate especially if it is mounted as close to the bumper as possible. Better then paying fines everytime for a no-front plate ticket. Rather spend that money on other things for the car.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    The Euro plates are different and more slim since they are just long. So they sit above the center opening of the bumper and look alot better.

With the US plate, it sits in the center and makes the front of the car look like it has buck teeth. I personally do not mind the offset plate especially if it is mounted as close to the bumper as possible. Better then paying fines everytime for a no-front plate ticket. Rather spend that money on other things for the car.
    i like the ingenuity of the tow hook bracket, but i don't like the asymmetry... it looks like a giant booger hanging out of the car's nose.

here in ontario we have to run a front plate. it sucks, but while i do prefer the look without a front plate, i'm not gonna deal with getting a ticket "because it looks cooler."
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Good looking car. We have to have front plates in CA (not worth the major ticket and fees), so I love the offset plate. You can see mine in my sig (not the best shot to see it as that would obviously be straight on). On yours that bright orange plate on a red car does clash a little but nothing you can do about that. Not to self, need to update my sig pic.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Maybe it's different for me living in a suburban area vs big city. I've ran no front plate on probably 10 different cars for the last 13 years or so. I got 1 no front plate ticket (he let me off 90 in a 65 with just a front plate ticket instead). It was a ~$125 potential fine.

Not sure how much it is other places, it's so easy to "fix" or explain. I went to court and said that I had just got the car recently and the bolt holes had rusted out and I didn't want to lose the plate because it was loose. Got dismissed because I brought a picture of the car with a front plate on it (used 3M tape for the pic and then removed it again)

Must be other important shit going on in NY or lazy cops, or maybe I don't drive like a dipshit. Who knows. Point is, always worth not running it for me looks wise.
    [2008 E90 M3 6SPD Jerez Black]
    [2005 E83 X3 6SPD Black Sapphire Metallic]
    [2003 E46 330i 6SPD ZHP Sedan Imola Red]
    [1995 E36 325is 5SPD Black]

Little known fact that not running a front plate is how Dillinger started out (discounting the dozens of other "petty" felonies he committed previously as a juvie).

And we all know where he progressed from there and how well that went down.

Like KC in AZ I'm glad we're blessed to require only one plate here in IN.

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftyM3 View Post
    Maybe it's different for me living in a suburban area vs big city. I've ran no front plate on probably 10 different cars for the last 13 years or so.
    i got pulled over only a few days after i bought my ZHP, for having no front plate (it was from another province, where a front plate is not required); i hadn't even had time to order the front plate bracket yet!

and i live in the sticks...
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I run no plates in the Woodland hills area on weekends, working in Van Nuys during weekdays is another story.. nice car OP! are those OEM tails?
    Slicktop AW 6spd Naturbraun

Pretty sure CT requires a front plate but it's been almost 10yrs since i used one and never had an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by NYRhockey View Post
    Pretty sure CT requires a front plate but it's been almost 10yrs since i used one and never had an issue.
    You'll never get stopped for it unless they catch you for something else. Then they'll tack it on.
    Avoid DUI checkpoints; easy place to get caught for no front plate. A DUI checkpoint is the reason I have a front plate now.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast