Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yes. Does a good job for me and quickly, too. I find it also helps to slosh mass quantities of soapy water onto the wheel slots via repeated brush dunking immediately followed by brushing vigorously. The bristles are quite soft so no concerns regarding wheel abrasion, etc. It being a wide bristle intensive brush enables the transfer of a goodly amount of soapy water onto the wheel which helps in transporting the removed brake dust, dirt, etc. off the wheel. It also does a good job on our Acura RLX wheel which has numerous spokes: http://www.acura.com/RLX/2016/Photos...llic-hanger-10

Sounds like I'll be adding this to my wish list. Santa also wants my 135's clean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    04 Imola Red / Alcantara / 6 MT
    Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN 37221

Quote Originally Posted by BCS_ZHP View Post
    For the ceramic pads, they are hard and don't bite into the blank rotors as well as the OE pads. To keep the relatively same braking effect, when you swap to ceramic pads also swap to slotted/drilled rotors. The extra edges of the rotors help the harder ceramic pads bite, the braking effort will be the same with the same results. The source, our own Ray at BrakeYourself.com.
    Perhaps for a track/HPDE/autocross car, but overkill for a street-driven car, IMHO. In my purely street application, my brakes are 100% as effective as with the dirtier, bite-ier factory pads, with the only difference being a slight amount of additional pedal pressure required, and they don't bite too well on the first stop of a cold morning, then immediately fine from there. But then we don't really have many cold mornings here in Phoenix.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

I've been using this method for years and it works out great. Will say, before I start. I'm currently running with Hawk 5.0 pads and find the braking to be fantastic and the dust is minimal.

I use simple green full strength in a spray bottle. First I wet the wheels with the hose. I then spray simple green on each spoke, the back dish area between each spoke and finally the entire wheel and tire. I spray two tires at a time. Next, I take my Griot's Garage sponge swabs, wet them in my soap bucket then cover them in simple green. Once covered I clean each spoke center, rotating the swab constantly. When finished with the spokes, I do around the lug bolts continuing with the rotation and lastly the 5 small holes between the lugs. Note; the swab gets rinsed and recoded with simple green for each wheel.

Next, I use the blue micro tool shown below to clean the dish on the back side. This fits tightly between the caliper and the wheel but not to tight to damage anything. Fingers work the best for the small area behind the spokes.

Last, I finish off the remanded of the wheel with a micro fiber or sheep skin mitt. Once complete, rinse and go.

Blue Micro Tool

Griot's Garage sponge swabs (may be discontinued)

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Jackpot, thanks Guy! BTW let me know when you'll be near Nashville or Bellevue. Our imolas look sexy together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN 37221

I will. Maybe we can do an Imola photo shoot, when the weather gets nice.

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Best way to clean style 135 wheels

I use this one. Just got it and used it over the weekend. Works very well as the bristles are long and limp (not wise cracks...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are a few options I found on Amazon. The water powered turbine looks like a good concept.

Sonax (417541) Wheel Rim Sponge https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0024WU1UG..._ZhUxwb7B5H39A
    Griot's Garage 15736 Long Reach Wheel Brush - Set of 3 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00469L32A..._6eUxwb39T5KJ8
    Brush Hero- Wheel Brush, Premium Water-Powered Turbine for Rims, Engines, Bikes, Equipment, Furniture and More (2 Brushes) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013TK3EMS..._UfUxwbQ03GH48
    Griot's Garage 15704 Micro Fiber Wheel Wand, (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004YMRIC8..._5gUxwbYNGPPDS

-Holden

Cool, i'm glad I wasn't the only one with impossible fingers to get inside those tight slivers.
    Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN 37221

I just slip a wet soapy microfibre cloth in the gap and use it like floss. Need to reach one hand thru the large gap to grab the other end of the cloth. They are easier to clean if you take the wheel off the car. Armour All Wheel Protectant also helps slow the buildup of dust (there's a thread on here somewhere on this product).

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

2008 128i ZSP Sedonarot

---

2004 330i ZHP Imolarot
    Conforti Shark Injector - Installation Pending!
    AFE Magnum FORCE Stage 1 PRO 5R Intake
    ECS Tuning Strut Bar
    ECS Tuning Magnetic Drain Plug
    German Auto Solutions DISA Gold Valve
    CDV Delete
    BSW and Polk Drivers
    Ziza LED Interior Kit
    Khoalty CREE LED Reverse Lights
    BMW strut tower reinforcement plates

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast