Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Pricing opinion: BMWP

what do you guys think is a fair price for 3yr old used BMWP calipers (no pads or rotors, just the front calipers/brackets)?

I'm thinking if they are mechanically 100% and aesthetically 100% $600-800 range, but correct me if I'm wrong.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

< or = $500

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Just the fronts or including the rears?

The cheapest price I found online was $439 each for a front left, so about $878 for the pair assuming the right is the same price. Consider that those have the stock ceramic coated pistons, which tend to crack under high heat situations. For a street driven car this doesn't matter, just don't overheat your brakes on those canyon runs.

Used, 3 years old, my opinion is that they're worth about $500-550 in working but excellent cosmetic condition, without pads. If they have some paint chips here and there, I'd say closer to $400.

For reference, I sold my pair of from Performance calipers with brackets for $500, and that included stainless steel piston upgrades AND high temp seals from Racingbrake.com. My set did, however, have some issues, which is why I sold them at that price. I included the brake pads for that price as well - EBC Redstuff pads. I don't remember if I included the Hawk HP+ pads as well... I think I did, but Ray can chime in.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I think I did, but Ray can chime in.
    Chiming in... Yeah, what he said. BP did include the pads and dust boots, but I went with new (not that I don't trust BP, I do); I have a thing about second hand underwear, brake rotors and pads, and rebuilt them with new seals and boots.

For what I got with with the kit, I thought it to be a fair deal and I am happy with the kit. Issues that BP alludes to I have not experienced. I think the lesson here is that that coffee is an integral ingredient to rebuilding calipers and doing a brake job.

Gratuitous photo:

Last edited by Karl Lazlo; 12-03-2015 at 06:25 PM.

yeah, just fronts and the brackets. no rear calipers, no rotors, no pads.

my car won't ever be tracked or be hitting canyon runs extremely hard. these brakes will be a performance AND aesthetic upgrade
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

I'll pay 600 bucks , nothing above that considering the whole kit was $1000 bucks 3 years ago n they spike the price last year . So for 800 dollars he getting all his money back pretty much. But don't listen to me I'm foolish lol

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    yeah, just fronts and the brackets. no rear calipers, no rotors, no pads.

my car won't ever be tracked or be hitting canyon runs extremely hard. these brakes will be a performance AND aesthetic upgrade
    So... what's the condition? Considering the upgrade is about 95% aesthetic, the condition will determine its value.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Waiting on pictures to document the condition. I wouldn't say it's a 95% aesthetic upgrade, I know there's better 6pot upgrades out there but it's not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    Waiting on pictures to document the condition. I wouldn't say it's a 95% aesthetic upgrade, I know there's better 6pot upgrades out there but it's not that bad.
    As someone who has experience with the set, I can safely say it's 95% an aesthetic upgrade.
    When I wasn't having problems with them, the only "performance" benefit I got from them was a VERY slightly firmer pedal. Otherwise, they're quite a bit heavier and significantly harder to change pads on than stock calipers.

From a performance standpoint, having to replace pistons and seals for any kind of use other than the street is also a big negative point. This won't matter to you, I'm just noting other detriments. Realistically, the aesthetics and very minor pedal feel improvement is the reason to get them.

From an aesthetics standpoint, they took the prize. I love the color and the presence they have.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

you tracked your car correct? you said it yourself: for daily driving its fine. slightly better grip coupled with some upgraded rotors will do just fine. AESTHETICALLY: i need to fill the back of the wheel with the 19in CHs being on there

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast