Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Drivers Airbag recall and replacement - happening as we speak

Sitting at my local dealer having drivers airbag replaced under a "temporary " repair. I got a letter last week indicating parts were available for a temp repair until a permanent replacement was available. Called the dealer on Monday they had the part today. Brought the car in.

From what I understand they are only doing these for FL and Hawaii cars at this point. Not sure if that's true but keep an eye out for a letter if you fall into a southern high humidity area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Jon D -- 04 330cic Imola Red ZHP Vert -- Active Autowerke Exhaust, Software remap & Strut Bar, K&N filter, custom stereo[Alpine head unit (CDA105) w/Sirius Radio, Iphone integration & Alpine amp (PDX-5), Hertz speakers (165.3 F, 130.3R), JL Sub(CS110RG -W 1v2)], Color match grills, tint all around for when the tops up, custom painted 135s

Other Cars
    2014 Audi SQ5 2015 GMC Canyon All Terrain

Thanks for the update, I've sort of lost track of this after BMW removed my VIN from the recall. Checked again today and it's back. I can't get over how the stock image guy looks like he's rocking both a headset and a bluetooth earpiece:

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 12.54.20 PM.png
Views: 415
Size:  234.8 KB

I'm surprised we haven't heard any more about this. As far as I can tell this was announced back in July and with 2016 around the corner it seems like no progress has been made with this recall rollout.

04 Imola Red / Alcantara / 6 MT
    Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN 37221

Yeah, I was thinking about it earlier.

Hey here's a question - when these finally get replaced, is the cover piece w/roundel also part of the replacement? I'm pretty sure it is - and if so that's awesome because my roundels and cover piece in both cars are looking, uh, a decade old at this point.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    Hey here's a question - when these finally get replaced, is the cover piece w/roundel also part of the replacement? I'm pretty sure it is - and if so that's awesome because my roundels and cover piece in both cars are looking, uh, a decade old at this point.
    Thought about that as well and am happy to get mine replaced. Mine is actually in pretty awesome shape but I wouldn't mind having a new roundel. I hope so

Sent from my OnePlus 2

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    Yes I am happy to report mine was replaced as it was showing some age. 👍😁

Jon D -- 04 330cic Imola Red ZHP Vert -- Active Autowerke Exhaust, Software remap & Strut Bar, K&N filter, custom stereo[Alpine head unit (CDA105) w/Sirius Radio, Iphone integration & Alpine amp (PDX-5), Hertz speakers (165.3 F, 130.3R), JL Sub(CS110RG -W 1v2)], Color match grills, tint all around for when the tops up, custom painted 135s

Other Cars
    2014 Audi SQ5 2015 GMC Canyon All Terrain

Quote Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
    Yes I am happy to report mine was replaced as it was showing some age. ����

Awesome sauce!

My '05 ZHP was born into Hawaii, before coming to Oregon years ago. Is there some way to force a check on this or is it just a "wait and see" process?

Quote Originally Posted by mynamenumber View Post
    My '05 ZHP was born into Hawaii, before coming to Oregon years ago. Is there some way to force a check on this or is it just a "wait and see" process?
    I'm in a similar boat - my car spent the first 7 years of its life in Florida. Don't know whether that really matters but if humidity is an issue, maybe so? Or is it more important where the car resides now? Because if that's the case, I'm in about the driest place on the planet.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast