Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    What makes a dyno a "Mustang" dyno?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    There's typically a 13% difference between the two dyno's, say you make 200hp on a mustang dyno, 13% of that is 26hp, on a dynojet the same car will make 226hp. The mustang dyno is of a "street horsepower" measurement

Sent from in the bushes

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

BMW E46 330 ZHP and Non ZHP Dyno graphs.

As you can see from my post with graph on page 3. I had some pretty shitty numbers for the amount of work I have done to the car. Idk what that is. I've done an exhaust since then but I don't think that changed the numbers significantly.
    I ran the car at our local strip and the best number I could get was 14.5 at 95.4 mph. Granted I was spinning through 1st and part of second, even with an LSD but I expected my MPH to be a little higher. It was in the height 30s that night.
    Last edited by Sockethead; 04-09-2014 at 06:39 AM.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I would take it to a different dyno. Doesn't sound like they corrected the numbers very well.

Sent from my GS3.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    As you can see from my post with graph on page 3. I had some pretty shitty numbers for the amount of work I have done to the car. Idk what that is. I've done an exhaust since then but I don't think that changed the numbers significantly.
    I ran the car at our local strip and the best number I could get was 14.5 at 95.4 mph. Granted I was spinning through 1st and part of second, even with an LSD but I expected my MPH to be a little higher. It was in the height 30s that night.
    Looks like you have power being lost somewhere. No trouble codes?

Sent from in the bushes

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

Absolutely true. All 4 of my dyno runs were on DynoJet dynos, and the last 3 were done by the same guy at the same altitude, though he did relocate the drum. Weather was a bit different:
    Test 1: 75-80F, pressure and humidity unknown (different DynoJet)
    Test 2: 83.7 F, 30.14 inches Hg, 21% humidity, SAE 0.98
    Test 3: 63.0 F, 39.30 inches Hg, 66% humidity, SAE 1.00
    Test 4: 70.0 F, 29.45 inches Hg, 29% humidity, SAE 0.99

The surprise to me is the only mod change was the aFe intake giving 9 or 10 extra RWHP when it's supposed to give about 4-5. Could be because I also have tune and pulleys, or could be one of the maintenance items I did helped (vacuum leak?), or could be variability in the dyno and temperatures. Between 2nd test (late 2012) and 3rd test (March 2014) I did GAS DISA repair kit, replaced CCV, changed transmission fluid, changed diff fluid, replaced guibo/CSB, and changed to stickier tires which were pumped up to a higher PSI (and tires might have been lighter too).

Quote Originally Posted by PirateZHP View Post
    It is hard to compare dynos from different days. There is all kinds of atmospheric changes that will change your dyno numbers. Just keep that in mind as well.
    Last edited by LivesNearCostco; 04-09-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    Absolutely true. All 4 of my dyno runs were on DynoJet dynos, and the last 3 were done by the same guy at the same altitude, though he did relocate the drum. Weather was a bit different:
    Run 2: 83.7 F, 30.14 inches Hg, 21% humidity, SAE 0.98
    Run 3: 63.0 F, 39.30 inches Hg, 66% humidity, SAE 1.00
    Run 4: 70.0 F, 29.45 inches Hg, 29% humidity, SAE 0.99

The surprise to me is the only mod change was the aFe intake giving 9 or 10 extra RWHP when it's supposed to give about 4-5. Could be because I also have tune and pulleys, or could be one of the maintenance items I did helped (vacuum leak?), or could be variability in the dyno and temperatures. Between 2nd test (late 2012) and 3rd test (March 2014) I did GAS DISA repair kit, replaced CCV, changed transmission fluid, changed diff fluid, replaced guibo/CSB, and changed to stickier tires which were pumped up to a higher PSI (and tires might have been lighter too).
    How many miles does yours have?

Sent from in the bushes

My 7 year itch.

About 143,000 miles at Dyno test 1, 144,000 miles for Dyno test 2, 166,000 miles for Dyno test 3, and 186,000 miles for Dyno test 4.
    Can't find dyno sheet from test #1 but my notes say my car measured 184 RWHP. Tests 2/3/4 used the same dyno but under slightly different conditions.

Test 1: 184 rwhp (100% stock, no fan on radiator)
    Test 2: 189.5 rwhp (different dyno, fan and water spritz on radiator)
    Test 3: 199.3 rwhp (pulleys, tune, lighter wheels, big fan on radiator)
    Test 4: 211 rwhp (pulleys, tune, CAI, new CCV, lighter wheels, lighter tires, small fan on radiator)

Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    About 143,000 miles at Dyno test 1, 144,000 miles for Dyno test 2, 166,000 miles for Dyno test 3, and 186,000 miles for Dyno test 4.
    Can't find dyno sheet from test #1 but my notes say my car measured 184 RWHP. Tests 2/3/4 used the same dyno but under slightly different conditions.

Test 1: 184 rwhp (100% stock, no fan on radiator)
    Test 2: 189.5 rwhp (different dyno, fan and water spritz on radiator)
    Test 3: 199.3 rwhp (pulleys, tune, lighter wheels, big fan on radiator)
    Test 4: 211 rwhp (pulleys, tune, CAI, new CCV, lighter wheels, lighter tires, small fan on radiator)
    Test 4 was in ideal conditions i see. That's a pretty good number considering the miles and amount of mods

Sent from in the bushes

My 7 year itch.

BMW Performance intake, BimmmerBrakes headers, MagnaFlow exhaust, Quaife LSD, and dyno tuned. I have since added the Turner Motorsport underdrive pulley kit. Name:  BMW 330i dyno - small.jpeg
Views: 768
Size:  88.3 KB

mko9, nice numbers, I have similar mods and similar results
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast