Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    What about your dyno with the aFe? I can post mine here if you want.
    - Derek

Quote Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
    What about your dyno with the aFe? I can post mine here if you want.
    Please post yours.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Notes:

- It looks like my car has almost no knock adaption at 4k- this was with the stock (updated) DISA and probably the revised software. I have a sheet with smoothing at zero that shows the same very mild dip.
    - The AFR for the factory tune looks quite good.
    - Not happy with the steep drop off after 6k- seems a bit too steep imo.
    - The water pump bearing was failing and making all kinds of noise- so I actually figure it might have sapped a couple hp. I will re-dyno soon.
    - Derek

Notes:

- It looks like my car has almost no knock adaption at 4k- this was with the stock (updated) DISA and probably the revised software. I have a sheet with smoothing at zero that shows the same very mild dip.
    - The AFR for the factory tune looks quite good.
    - Not happy with the steep drop off after 6k- seems a bit too steep imo.
    - The water pump bearing was failing and making all kinds of noise- so I actually figure it might have sapped a couple hp. I will re-dyno soon.
    You have AFE correct? Oiled or dry?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    You have AFE correct? Oiled or dry?
    Nah sorry, I was pretty vague in my post. I responded first by asking you for your dyno graph with aFe- then by saying I could post my dyno sheet.

No mods at all on that sheet. Just lots of maintenance and the like.
    - Derek

Nah sorry, I was pretty vague in my post. I responded first by asking you for your dyno graph with aFe- then by saying I could post my dyno sheet.

No mods at all on that sheet. Just lots of maintenance and the like.
    OK...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    I6 motors sacrifice some hp for smoothness and vibration reduction.

DROIDstatus. Come at me, bro.
    They shouldn't. I6s are inherently balanced without having to have balancing shafts or anything like that. Overall there should be little difference in efficiency (with slight edge going to the I6 if all else is equal)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb74 View Post
    I would thought the dyno numbers would be a tad bite higher. My Altima 3.5 V6 dynoed in at 218 at the wheel. That was with the Nismo CAI and underdrive pulleys. Nissan claims the VQ35de in the 02-04 Altima has 245hp at the crank.
    The Altima is FWD - generally less rotating mass (no huge driveshaft), so they tend to be a little more efficient. And the VQs are particularly strong engines.

Another thread from the past... Heh, cool...

I'd like to add a few points... This is all really tough to compare. A lot of things come into play such as ambient temperature, barometric pressure, humidity, and elevation/location... So, its really hard to compare dyno sheets from different people all over the place. Even the big fan that some people put in front of the cars, will make a difference...

Also, in regards to the Altima... I actually took my old Altima SE-R to a 350Z meet/dyno day once... All of the Z guys (with mods) were putting down 220-230 at the wheels... My Altima put down 244hp... The Z guys were all shocked... Drivetrain losses... They do exist!
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Woops, didn't notice the date -sorry :P

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    Woops, didn't notice the date -sorry :P
    Terra, no need to be....that's what's great about this forum...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast