Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    How hard to do a trans swap if I already have the ZHP 6-speed transmission? Also, adding heated seats? The car looks like just what I want for my wife, but she's gonna want a 6M and heated seats, because her current M3 convertible already has them. Also, if I do that, what happens to the value of the car?
    Work: 1999 Land Cruiser w/locking rear diff
    Play: 1987 soon-to-be SpecE30 track car
    Wife's ride: 2008 MRM/SB M3 convertible 6MT
    Son's ride: 2003 IR/NB ZHP slicktop sedan 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by HiFiGuy View Post
    The car looks like just what I want for my wife, but she's gonna want a 6M and heated seats, because her current M3 convertible already has them.
    She is the definition of a keeper.

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    She is the definition of a keeper.

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk
    Agreed. I got lucky, and got my trophy wife on my first go round. :D

I think we'll both miss the sound of that V-8 at full song if we sell her current car, but I won't miss the repair costs. The S65 engine is largely bulletproof, except for the throttle bodies, which are apparently one of the few weak points. We already replaced the passenger side unit, and with parts and labor, it was about $1800. Problem is, there is one on the drivers' side, too, and it could fail at some point. To be fair, there have really been zero other problems, but still.

Not that I would be looking to sell the ZHP in the ad anytime soon if we got it, but I wonder what putting a true ZHP 6spd into a ZHP, though one that came with a slushbox, would do to its resale value? Would it increase because manuals are more desirable? Decrease because it wasn't "factory"? Be largely unaffected, sort of a wash?
    Work: 1999 Land Cruiser w/locking rear diff
    Play: 1987 soon-to-be SpecE30 track car
    Wife's ride: 2008 MRM/SB M3 convertible 6MT
    Son's ride: 2003 IR/NB ZHP slicktop sedan 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by HiFiGuy View Post
    Agreed. I got lucky, and got my trophy wife on my first go round. :D

I think we'll both miss the sound of that V-8 at full song if we sell her current car, but I won't miss the repair costs. The S65 engine is largely bulletproof, except for the throttle bodies, which are apparently one of the few weak points. We already replaced the passenger side unit, and with parts and labor, it was about $1800. Problem is, there is one on the drivers' side, too, and it could fail at some point. To be fair, there have really been zero other problems, but still.

Not that I would be looking to sell the ZHP in the ad anytime soon if we got it, but I wonder what putting a true ZHP 6spd into a ZHP, though one that came with a slushbox, would do to its resale value? Would it increase because manuals are more desirable? Decrease because it wasn't "factory"? Be largely unaffected, sort of a wash?
    Probably the latter, but I really don't know. If you're concerned about resale, my gut tells me you wouldn't recoup the cost of parts and labor for a manual swap. And if I were planning to sell I think I would want excellent documentation by whatever shop did the work and lots of photos.

As for heated seats you mentioned earlier, I think that's a little tougher. Someone can chime in if the wiring harness to the seats for non-factory heated seat equipped cars come prewired for heating. If not, it'll make your job more difficult.

Reviving a 5+ year old ZHP For Sale thread - there has to be a story here! This car reappears - now in Michigan, and for only $8K?

Plus the 'bought the car for the wife" theme is alive and well in both the listing and this old thread

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
    Pete

Smells fishy. That car looks like it has a metric asston more miles than 105k...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Smells fishy. That car looks like it has a metric asston more miles than 105k...
    Agree completely! And I guess being of retirement age also means I've missed a few expressions along the way... Had to look that up!

Straight from the Urban Dictionary:

metric ass ton In excess; a large amount, generally more than what is expected. This term is not restricted to weight, but is more a quantitive factor.

Pete

That vert has seen better days....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123