Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Unofficial Utah Event Thread...

Hi all,

I know from the local Utah BMW Enthusiasts Facebook group and here that there are a few people in Utah with ZHPs, but I can't ever remember who's who when it actually matters. So, let's get organized up in here!

I've only seen a ZHP twice in Utah, and never at a meet - just random sightings. I thought it would be cool to have all the Utah guys (and Idaho, Colorado, Wyoming, Nevada) or anybody else that might want to get together) to check in here, and subscribe. That way, when there's something going on, one of us can post here about it, that they're going or whatever, and we'll all know about it! We need to get some of the mountain state ZHP Mafia together!

I could create a Facebook group, but I thought this might be easier. Open to other suggestions.

I always try to make it to at least one or two events a month. There's a monthly Euro meet in the middle of the week at IKEA ("Meatballs"), there are several Utah BMW Enthusiast meet/drives, and of course there are a few Wasatch chapter BMW CCA events.

There are numerous car events, and several large events in the area.

March 6, 2016 - Utah Lake Spring Drive
    March 19, 2016 - Scrapefest
    April 10, 2016 - Import Spring Showoff (ISS)
    August 13, 2016 - Salzee Utah

There was also a race at Miller Motorsports Park (ceased operation, reopening under new management), and the Utah BMW Enthusiasts organized paddock parking just for the Bimmers. It was really cool, and would definitely be worth a drive for anybody interested in motorsports.

I'll update later, and whenever I'm going to go to something, I'll post here. If everybody else does the same, and you're subscribe, we'll all get notified when something is going on!

Cheers,
    SC
    Last edited by ecrabb; 02-29-2016 at 10:12 PM.
    2004 ZHP Vert - Titanium Silver 6MT
    BMW CCA Rocky Mountain Chapter #504522
    ZHP Replacement: 2012 E93 M3 * Daily Driver: 2007 Hummer H3 Adventure * Wife-mobile: 2016 VW Touareg Exec

Keep me posted.
    2003 Mystic Blue 330i ZHP 6 MT

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    aFe ProDry S Air Filter | Dinan Stage 1 Software | H&R 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Bridgestone RE760 | StopTech Street Performance Pads
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

Wow, don't know how I missed this. I'm going to try to make it to scrape fest this year!
    Shawn, 801

Quote Originally Posted by Ssparrow View Post
    Wow, don't know how I missed this. I'm going to try to make it to scrape fest this year!
    Quote Originally Posted by quikryptonite View Post
    Keep me posted.
    I added the Import Spring Showoff (ISS) to my first post. It's sponsored by UtahHondas.net, so I imagine JDM will be heavily represented, but they have awards for Audi, BMW and VW, so...

I'm an older guy, so not into air suspensions, scraping, wood roof racks, and all that shit... But, I showed my son pictures and he really wants me to take him to Scrapefest, so I imagine I'll be at that.

Not sure about this Import Showoff in April. We'll see. Definitely doing some BMWCCA Wasatch events, as well as UBE events.

SC
    ZHP Replacement: 2012 E93 M3 * Daily Driver: 2007 Hummer H3 Adventure * Wife-mobile: 2016 VW Touareg Exec

That's funny you say that, I'm a younger guy (24) and i definitely agree with you on the whole "stance" scene. Too many kids trying to have the most ridiculously low car possible. Not sure you can call it a car when you can't even drive the damn thing haha. But too each their own! I'm sure there will be loads of beautiful cars there regardless.
    Shawn, 801

I went to EuroFest in 2012 out at MMSP and I couldn't believe how many cars were there with outrageous stances with the canted front axle and tires that were too small (I forget what they call it). I was disappointed that it was more of a German Rice Rocket Fest than polished European cars. But, there were some nice things to look at.

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

Either of you guys going to Meetballs next week?

I think I'll try to go, at least for a little while.

SC

I won't be there. Have you been lately? What's the crowd like?

Quote Originally Posted by quikryptonite View Post
    I won't be there. Have you been lately? What's the crowd like?
    It's a nice mix of young and old peeps, new and old cars, and cheap and expensive. I've seen everything from new M3, M4, 991, Boxster, to old E30, E36 BMWs, ratted out Volvo "turbo brick", to a very clean Ferrari 308. Lots of BMW and VW. Probably 30-40 cars.

Wow, I attached a couple of photos to give you the flavor, and just realized the last time I was there was in August, I think! So, I have no idea what it'll be like on a chilly February evening. It looks like they're predicting sunshine and a high of 49 that day, so I'll probably run home and get the ZHP. It hasn't been driven since November, so it needs a stretch.

SC

Name:  IMG_0623.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  202.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0625.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  193.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0631.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  186.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0639.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  230.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0636.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  233.2 KB

Still mid-40's for the high on Wednesday, so planning to get the car out and head down to IKEA for some cars and cafeteria.

SC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast