Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Can bad O2's cause engine hesitation?

Whats up guys,
    For a while now I've been experiencing the hesitation between 2.5k-3k, while on the free way sometime ill throw the cel and sometimes at start up but it always goes off within a day or two. My generic tool gave me P2227,P2237, and P2240. Today i proudly scored a Peake tool off craigslist and now I'm getting Table 10 codes 2973 and 2974. Before my plan was to buy a silicone intake boot and the GAS Disa repair to hopefully solve this after from what i found around the forums. Since there isn't a table 10 in the peake manual i just looked around for the specific code and the only codes in the whole manual i found were in table 20, 2973 PreCat O2 Sensor wire/lines bank 1 and 2974 PreCat O2 Sensor wire/lines bank 2. I also have eBay headers waiting to go on so i wasn't sure what to do about possible failing O2's when I'm going to be catless anyways. So from here, my question is what is the best way to solve this? I am also planning on getting a tune once i finish up all maintenance. Is there anything else that can be causing this other than the zhp dme needing a reflash? I want to make sure that i can fix it before i save up for a tune and am then stuck broke and looking all my performance mods with my car running like crap.

You all may not remember me, I have only posted on here once with my new member thread and even though i spend atlas two hours on this site and E46f a day, for some reason i never comment on anything. Anyways my name is Dylan, I live in San Diego but i am from the bay area so i am always all over california with my zhp.

2004 TiAg 6MT, Afe Stage1, Solo-Werks, UUC TSE2

Someone else who knows more can help you out, but welcome back.

Howdy! Good to have you back

I honestly don't know either. Your car looks great, though!

Mileage on the car?

O2 pre-cat sensors are usually a 100k maintenance item.

Also if you have not done the lower and upper intake boots and the DISA valve rebuild, start there first. Catch up on the maintenance before doing any type of mods.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

I had the almost exactly the same issue as you:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1035418

The codes went away once I replaced the pre-cat O2 sensors with genuine Bosch ones.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

i also had codes, can't remember if mine were the same. i replaced both pre-cat O2's with genuine bosch sensors (however good those are nowadays...), and my codes and random CEL are gone, but i still have a mild hesitation between 2500-3000RPM in higher gears.

i have a DISA rebuild kit sitting here, i should do that.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport