Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Cylinder #3 spark plug stuck

Encountered a problem today while changing the spark plugs on my ZHP. All the other spark plugs came out fine except for cylinder #3 which is stuck. It takes a lot of force to barely get 1/4th a rotation in the right direction. I sprayed some WD-40 down there and tried again, which seemed to help at first until I just couldn't get the wrench to move at all. Just sprayed some PB blaster down there and currently letting it soak. I think the problem is that the hex head of the spark plug is broke off. I'm not entirely sure what to do at this point, would warming the car up a little bit help? I don't think that would be a good idea though since I sprayed WD-40 on the plug...

Name:  IMG_5851.JPG
Views: 453
Size:  499.2 KB

04' Sapphire Black 330ci ZHP 6MT | Hyper Silver ARC-8s | Vibrant Performance Exhaust w/ Straight Pipes (both resonators removed) | 3.46 Diff | AKG Polyurethane Diff Bushings | Coby Wheel - Shift Boot - E-Brake Boot - E-Brake Handle - Alcantara Door Pads | Koni FSD's w/ Eibach Springs | CDV Delete w/ Steel Braided Clutch Line | Michelin PSS
    Luca

Breaker bar/cheater pipe. Hope it's not cross threaded.

Yup breaker bar.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Alright I'll give that a try tomorrow morning. Don't have one so gotta run to the store and buy one. Hope that works.

04' Sapphire Black 330ci ZHP 6MT | Hyper Silver ARC-8s | Vibrant Performance Exhaust w/ Straight Pipes (both resonators removed) | 3.46 Diff | AKG Polyurethane Diff Bushings | Coby Wheel - Shift Boot - E-Brake Boot - E-Brake Handle - Alcantara Door Pads | Koni FSD's w/ Eibach Springs | CDV Delete w/ Steel Braided Clutch Line | Michelin PSS
    Luca

You can just put a jack handle or piece of pipe that will fit over the handle of your ratchet and that will work.

I've even put a l deep well socket that will fit over the handle of the ratchet and some extensions to make a cheater bar.

Try turning a bit then tighten then loosen then tighten. It'll help prevent cross threading. Good luck.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46f member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    You can just put a jack handle or piece of pipe that will fit over the handle of your ratchet and that will work.
    Unfortunately I couldn't find anything to create a make shift breaker bar with so looks like I'll have to buy one. Just tried again after letting the PB blaster sit on there for a few hours, still no luck. I can get it about 1/8th of a turn with a lotttt of force then eventually the wrench just skips (couldn't think of a better word). It actually seems harder to turn it the other way. First spark plug change on the ZHP isn't going exactly as planned lol

Luca

So what's the worse case here? If the plug breaks off or strips out what should he do?

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46f member

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    So what's the worse case here? If the plug breaks off or strips out what should he do?

---
    Not quite sure, worse case scenario is pull the head and drill it out and Re tap it I suspect.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast