Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_George View Post
    Go to your local Harbor Freight and you can buy a pretty decent breaker bar for like $12. Yeah, it's not Snap On, but it's kinda hard to screw up a breaker bar...
    +1.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46f member

I've seen this over on the E36 boards often, as they are getting old, and deferred maintenance leads to stuck plugs.

Seems the best way is to use Kroil oil and back the plug out 1/2 turn, then in 1/4 turn, rinse and repeat until out. Brute force will be required, and hope that the threads are not crossed.

The crossed, I would go the route of bringing it to an indy who has had experience with this.

Since you are able to move the plug, it sounds like it is just stuck.
    Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139///Jim Conforti Shark Injector///H&R Touring Cup Kit///Gruppe M Intake

Put all plugs back in, drive to indy. Tell them you want your plugs changed.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Put all plugs back in, drive to indy. Tell them you want your plugs changed.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139///Jim Conforti Shark Injector///H&R Touring Cup Kit///Gruppe M Intake

About to give it a go with a breaker bar (Harbor Freight had one for $8!), PB blaster has sat overnight. Really don't want to have to go to my Indy after all this hassle but if I really can't get it I guess I don't have a choice.

04' Sapphire Black 330ci ZHP 6MT | Hyper Silver ARC-8s | Vibrant Performance Exhaust w/ Straight Pipes (both resonators removed) | 3.46 Diff | AKG Polyurethane Diff Bushings | Coby Wheel - Shift Boot - E-Brake Boot - E-Brake Handle - Alcantara Door Pads | Koni FSD's w/ Eibach Springs | CDV Delete w/ Steel Braided Clutch Line | Michelin PSS
    Luca

The breaker bar worked!! This was what came out of there after all that work: Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452009385.275654.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  975.6 KB

04' Sapphire Black 330ci ZHP 6MT | Hyper Silver ARC-8s | Vibrant Performance Exhaust w/ Straight Pipes (both resonators removed) | 3.46 Diff | AKG Polyurethane Diff Bushings | Coby Wheel - Shift Boot - E-Brake Boot - E-Brake Handle - Alcantara Door Pads | Koni FSD's w/ Eibach Springs | CDV Delete w/ Steel Braided Clutch Line | Michelin PSS
    Luca

Cylinder #3 spark plug stuck

Small victory but on to the next problem, waiting for a coil pack to come in because cylinder 1 is shot. Also noticed my coolant was empty, leaking out somewhere despite my indy just replacing my waterpump and thermostat in October. Also had a small plume of smoke come out of my exhaust on startup after putting in the new plugs, is that normal? Burn off of excess oil? Never happened before.

Luca

Congratulations! That thing looks nasty.

Good job. Smoke is probably just carbon burning out since it's firing stronger now.

I'd say you were due for new plugs... The plume of smoke out the exhaust is likely from the solvents you used to free the stuck spark plug.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast