Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Talk me off the ledge

I was curious and saw and drove this 2004 M3 coupe w/108k miles today - lives in Asburn, 15 min away from me. And wow. Quite a leap in power over my ZHP. I haven't driven an e46 m3 before. Owner is going overseas for his job for one year and looking for new home for his car. First owner had it new to 98k miles and took care of it well - all receipts available. 2nd owner only had it for last 10k miles. And he has done several good upgrades - e.g. Koni shocks.

I just purchased my 2005 ZHP in December (w/115k mi). And I love it. But this m3 seems in excellent mechanical and interior/exterior condition. If I sold my ZHP, I think the added cost for m3 would be about $6K-$7k difference. Seems like a lot more car for $6K/$7K.

Should I make the leap or be happy with what I have?

Here's a few pics I snapped and the ad

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/d...403113110.html
    Attached Images Attached Images        

2004 ZHP Acquired: February 5, 2017
    Lorenzo's Project Thread

I'll tell you to take the leap! I joke.

I love the color combo, miles aren't bad, and it's a manual. To quote Jeremy Clarkson, "straight six in the front, manual gearbox in the middle, and drive going to the rear. Page one, chapter one of the Petrosexual handbook"

Expect maintenance costs to increase from about $1k/year average to what I'm told is about $2-3k/year. Fuel costs will increase a bit, but let's be real: you aren't getting into an M3 for its fuel efficiency. I'd wager insurance premiums will a bit higher too.

I'm not particularly familiar with M3 prices, but $17k for an updated M3 (LED taillights) with normal mileage seems low to me. If the CarFax and PPI is clean then it's definitely something to consider. M3 owners here can chime in with better experience and knowledge.

I would stay happy with what you have. I made the leap and have enjoyed it but getting the exhaust sound I wanted was difficult with the m3, daily driving the ZHP was much better, and maintenance is more expensive

My ZHP is a pure weekend/project car. I have a sedan as daily. So the maintenance on m3 while more, will hopefully take longer to accumulate - as I drove weekender 3K-4K miles per year

Lorenzo's Project Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
    My ZHP is a pure weekend/project car. I have a sedan as daily. So the maintenance on m3 while more, will hopefully take longer to accumulate - as I drove weekender 3K-4K miles per year
    As a weekend car the m3 is great and fun for me. I also have a daily sedan. Ideally I would've kept the ZHP as my only car but happened into a situation where the daily was free other than insurance/maintenance.

I daily drove my M3 for a year before picking up my ZHP. I can say that driving the M3 is a lot of fun but I always feel like I can easily get into a lot of trouble due to the added performance this car has over the ZHP... for daily driving purposes I choose my ZHP as I feel this is the best daily driving machine I have ever had. As Sean posted above me, the M3 is a great and fun "weekend car".... I feel the same way

I'm glad I have both in my garage

That is a good price for the year and miles plus 2 owners.

Question though is did you fall in love with it?

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Did you feel this after driving?

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I daily drove my M3 for a year before picking up my ZHP. I can say that driving the M3 is a lot of fun but I always feel like I can easily get into a lot of trouble due to the added performance this car has over the ZHP... for daily driving purposes I choose my ZHP as I feel this is the best daily driving machine I have ever had. As Sean posted above me, the M3 is a great and fun "weekend car".... I feel the same way

I'm glad I have both in my garage
    Both! - Now's that's the answer! But it would cost me my marriage I think. As I thought about it and read a little on the forums, I realize m3 and ZHPs are very different cars. When I drove the m3 today, it was exhilarating...almost begging to be pushed to its limits. So I agree that I would find myself speeding often - which will lead to trouble.

Lorenzo's Project Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Did you feel this after driving?

YES!

Lorenzo's Project Thread

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast