Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Check bimmershops.com.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Check bimmershops.com.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous
    +1

Thanks. Bimmer shops was great - found a couple of highly rated shops close to where the car is in Waltham MA. I'm excited about this car - it's a 325, fully loaded -sport and premium package, heated seats, patk distance control, Harman Kardon, Xenons. It's not easy to find all those features in a 325. And has only 59,000 miles.

I'm still working to find the previous maintenance history but I don't think there was a lot done other than the minimum. My assumptions for the key initial maintenance items to do once I buy the car within the first few months are:

1. Oils -Engine, Differential, Power steering
    2. Filters – engine, air cabin
    3. Brake flush
    4. Coolant overhaul – water pump, belts, pulleys, tensioners, etc. I assume this wait until a little higher mileage 70/80K.
    5. Tuneup - Spark plugs, valve cover gasket
    6. Suspension – control arms. If condition is OK I assume I can wait until higher mileage - 75/80K.
    7. Battery - replace if original
    8. Fuel filter
    9. Transmission - is a fluid change recommended for automatic transmission?
    10. Front and rear brake pads sensors and rotors if needed

Any other key items recommended?

2004 ZHP Acquired: February 5, 2017
    Lorenzo's Project Thread

Glad it helped. So will this be your DD?

---

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Glad it helped. So will this be your DD?

---
    Shawn - yes, the 325 would be my daily and I'd sell my 2012 328 sedan. I've done a work up of the five-year cost between the 325 and the newer 328 and I've come up with about $15,000 of total savings when you factor in maintenance insurance property taxes and loan payment differences. The 325 is listed for $8800 - I think I can get it down to $8250-$8500. But it all hinges on a good PPI.

I've been driving my ZHP about 4-5 days a week, and the sedan the other days, when it's raining or I need to go into DC. So which is the daily and which is the weekend car is difficult to say.

Lorenzo's Project Thread

I have never owned an M3, and probably never will lol but when I drove Jon's 03 M3, it was very fun. And power is great, and I love the performance you get out of it. But when I got back into my ZHP, it just felt better to me. I'm not sure why the I like the ZHP more, but I do. Very strange lol but if you could, I would daily a ZHP and have an M3 as a weekend car for sure.
    --Bryant

2004 330i ZHP Imola | 6MT | /// Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel | Khoalty Angel Eyes | eBay Headers | Euro RCR Light Package | Vibrant Performance Custom Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by FL116 View Post
    I have never owned an M3, and probably never will lol but when I drove Jon's 03 M3
    Blasphemy. Everyone has to own an E46 M3 at least once!

04' Sapphire Black 330ci ZHP 6MT | Hyper Silver ARC-8s | Vibrant Performance Exhaust w/ Straight Pipes (both resonators removed) | 3.46 Diff | AKG Polyurethane Diff Bushings | Coby Wheel - Shift Boot - E-Brake Boot - E-Brake Handle - Alcantara Door Pads | Koni FSD's w/ Eibach Springs | CDV Delete w/ Steel Braided Clutch Line | Michelin PSS
    Luca

Talk me off the ledge

Quote Originally Posted by bosszhp View Post
    Everyone has to own an E46 M3 at least once!
    I fully support this statement

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
    Thanks. Bimmer shops was great - found a couple of highly rated shops close to where the car is in Waltham MA. I'm excited about this car - it's a 325, fully loaded -sport and premium package, heated seats, patk distance control, Harman Kardon, Xenons. It's not easy to find all those features in a 325. And has only 59,000 miles.

I'm still working to find the previous maintenance history but I don't think there was a lot done other than the minimum. My assumptions for the key initial maintenance items to do once I buy the car within the first few months are:

1. Oils -Engine, Differential, Power steering
    2. Filters – engine, air cabin
    3. Brake flush
    4. Coolant overhaul – water pump, belts, pulleys, tensioners, etc. I assume this wait until a little higher mileage 70/80K.
    5. Tuneup - Spark plugs, valve cover gasket Beisan Vanos Seals... your plugs can wait till later
    6. Suspension – control arms. If condition is OK I assume I can wait until higher mileage - 75/80K. Most likely won't be needed, however control arm BUSHINGS likely will, along with alignment
    7. Battery - replace if original
    8. Fuel filter
    9. Transmission - is a fluid change recommended for automatic transmission? yes, Dexron VI and filter (Havoline Dexron VI is full synthetic, as is Valvoline Dexron VI). Get a case of 12 for at least a couple drain/fills. You can get the AC Delco (Filtran) filter and gasket (the EXACT same as BMW Genuine) for a same year CTS on Amazon for WAY cheaper
    10. Front and rear brake pads sensors and rotors if needed

Any other key items recommended?
    Steering flex disc.
    Also, check for oil leaks... if your oil filter housing gasket is leaking, get a CCV kit and do both at the same time. Don't forget either VANOS oil line and gaskets, or just the gaskets at the same time. By having off the oil filter housing, doing the CCV is MUCH easier.

If the tires are older than about 8 years, consider new ones.

You may also need to address the ZKW burned bowls situation. TheRetrofitSource (TRS) has a relatively easy solution for a solid price. There is a DIY in the lighting section.

Good luck!!!

BMW CCA # 510252

PPI for the black Boston 325 with 58k miles turned up mixed results. Car is been neglected the last few years. Sits on street most of the time in the Boston area, with minimal driving. Needs TLC. Some oil leaks, but not to the floor - further diagnosis needed. Needs new fluids, control arms, sway bar, some minor body body work, tuneup, belts. And he's asking $8800. I think I can get for $8000. I'm on the fence.

I also found a Japan Red 330 sedan with 88k miles in San Diego for $8000. PPI revealed the exterior and interior of the car was exceptional. key maintenance items needed is new oil pan and gasket, transmission service including transmission pan and gasket, and new front strut is leaking a little.

Still not sure if I want to pull the trigger on either of these. Each has its pros and cons versus keeping the F30 2012 sedan I currently have as DD. I think either E46 will be less costly vs continuing loan payment on the F30 in the next four years. But after that I'm not sure what would make sense long term. My f30 has 32k miles.

Lorenzo's Project Thread

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast