Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    If you have pictures of the wheels after the curb rash repair I'd love to see some photos. Car looks good!

Do you recall what brand you went with for the flex disk and center support bearing?

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by tomnobes View Post
    If you have pictures of the wheels after the curb rash repair I'd love to see some photos. Car looks good!
    Hi,
    I sorry for the late response. I just noticed a question from you.
    Here is the pictures after the painting was done.
    I have absolutely zero experience, but my wheels looked so bad. So I decided to try and restore them myself. I used this guide:
    http://www.diymybmw.com/e46/refinish...rashed-wheels/

Wheels came out realy nice. The only thing that didn't come very nice wad the cleat coat. Since I don't have an access to the paint gun, I had to work with can spray.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Do you recall what brand you went with for the flex disk and center support bearing?
    Hi Vas,
    I went with OEM guibo. There was an event at my local CCA chapter and all parts were offered at 25% discount. Price came out to be the same as all online stores. That's why I went with OEM.
    CSB is OEM also, since I bought it along with butyl tape and some hardware (non oem) at ESC.

Hi Mafia, it a new year, but I was not updated all my projects that were done in 2017.
    Time to gather all my projects that were done during this spring/summer time and put them in one single post. I hate to do that, but I would rather include and share them with mafia instead of them been lost somewhere.
    There were relatively small projects were done back in December 2016. I replaced thermostat and leaking lower hose as well as flashed coolant. While I was doing that I noticed the leak from power steering pressure hose, which was changed 6 months before. That explained occasional oil drops in my garage. As it turned out, hose was defective as was confirmed by Eeuroparts. Lesson was learned – do not use Rein hoses in the future.
    Back to important and challenging projects. Initially, I was planning to replace cracked and worn diff bushings that were causing a noticeable clunk while driving at low speed. After browsing thru various DIY, I made a decision that changing rear subframe bushings along with all other bushings at the rear end will be a good idea and wise use of time. And lastly, since I noticed a tiny hairline crack on the subframe, I decided to weld in TMS reinforcement kit. Most of the work was done during the Easter holiday weekend. Here are some pictures of the process:
    Subframe is out:
    Bushings out:
    New bushings:
    RTAB limiters installed
    TMS kit is welded and everything is covered with etching primer and rubber coating
    OEM Z4m FCAB installed. Mileage -149,444

Also in April, I re-wrapped all my nasty looking and sagging pillars. I didn’t want to spend a lot of money at that time to buying all 6 new pillars and decided to give a try for re-wrap. It came out OK, will see how they last. Mileage -148,837

Driver side bolter repaired. Here is how it looked before.

June 26: best cosmetic mode I’ve done by miles – clear OEM euro lights! Car looks much better IMO and I am absolutely loving it. Mileage -151,837

June 26. There was a local BMWCCA event for paintless dents removal, which sparked my interest. Since I wasn’t planning to spend any money for addressing body imperfections of my car, I only managed to pay for entire right side and trunk. Next year I will tackle left side of the car if this event will be scheduled. Mileage – 151,809

While I was doing an alignment at the shop, I asked to check the source of my coolant line. When I replaced my expansion tank back in May 16 and changed the sensor as well, light popped up right away. I checked all wires and connection with voltmeter and they were fine. Then I exchanged the sensor with ECS, because I thought it was the source of the error. Apparently, shop told me that I have a defective floating mechanism inside the tank. Called ECS and they issued a refund for the defective part, which was shipped back to therm. Mileage – 149,869

Bought a cargo net to keep any stored stuff neat.

Bought and programmed an aftermarket spare key. Mileage -154,761
    Also, on this day I did my first real engine mod since my ownership – I installed Shark Injector software. Throttle response is better IMO between 2 – 3k rpm and I car feels a bit more powerful after 4k. I am happy with the purchase, especially at 25% discounted rate))) Mileage – 154,904

Another little milestone - 155k on the clock.

Changed the oil with Castrol 0W – 40 and Mann filter. Also, installed G.A.S. 1.2 bar coolant cap. Mileage – 155,112.
    I came a cross of used M3 front sway bar for a good price on Ebay. I couldn't resist and bought it. Install was super easy and I did it during the oil change. Car is definitely handles so much better.
    Blackstone lab report. Seems like everything is fine.
    Plans for the winter:
    CCV
    Fuel pump
    Water pump plus coolant hoses
    Beisan Vanos repair
    SS brake lines
    20 mm rear anti roll bar install. I already purchased one
    Everything was purchased already and I am going to start on those projects in next two weeks.
    Finally, resolution for new year is to keep my page alive and updated.

02/04/18 - 159,715
    Replaced hood struts with Myele parts.
    Also, changed transmission fluid with Red Line MT90. Oil was pretty clean, but it has been on my car for almost 3 years and 35k miles.

Good work! Got lots of stuff done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Nice werk.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Car is removed from daily drive duty for quite a long time, while I'll be change many things.
    First, I decided to start with cooling system and TMS underdrive pulleys. Most of the coolant components were changed last year. What's left was water pump and upper hoses.
    Removal process wad pretty easy going. I noticed that I have a chipped out piece on the water pump pulley. Well, it will be replaced anyways, so I am not super concerned.
    But, as usual I had a two road blocks. Number 1 is one broken and one stripped studs on the water pump. Right before I started to criss-cross nuts, one stud snapped. Now I have to drill it out somehow.
    Second block is not that bad. Since I am changing alternator pulley, I decide to change alternator as well. My car has almost 160k at this point and I think my alternator will fail soon, so it's better to replace it now.
    I have Valeo unit. I noticed that Bosh units are a bit cheaper. Do you guys know if Valeo and Bosh are interchangeable? Also, I don't know how many amps do I need. I've seen 120 and 180 units.
    And lastly, seems like it's time for me to purchase impact gun. I don't see how I would be able to install new TMS pulley as well as remove old one from alternator.
    Here is some pictures

Don't know the answers but nice work going on there. There's always something that snags things up along the way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast