Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    I did some talking today with our electrical Engineer and he has a low voltage power supply that he is going to let me borrow.

Now just need $300 to $400 dollars to source a second DME. If i wasn't coming off a 6 months of unemployment, this would be my summer project, but I get to do maintenance instead. Yay kinda :/

If anyone finds a cheap DME in working condition, I'd consider it. I am avoiding Ebay though, despite seeing them as low as $250 there. Dont want to buy one and have it be all messed up or broken or bricked
    I bought one off eBay for $50 shipped. It works fine. These things are surprisingly resilient. As long as the casing isn't bent or something, I would take the risk.

Are you looking for MS45 or MS43?

Here's a cheap MS43: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E39-01-0...p=mtr#viTabs_0

And a cheap MS45: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-BMW-X3-...3D262380569392

I'll keep my eye open at the salvage

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Modification Thread
    Original Car: Silver Grey on Grey, A/T (1 of 186)
    As it sits: Silver Grey on Black, M/T (1 of 51)
    European Auto Source Tech
    Instagram: @CarbonZHP

Any progress on this?
    2004 Silver Grey ZHP Sedan 6 Speed Manual
    CDV Delete, AUX Input, Clear TMS Lights, Stealth Bulbs, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, Black Grille,
    aFe Stage 1 CAI Pro 5r, Dinan Front Strut Brace, CF Splitters, Active Autowerke Headers

Tuned in as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NickZHP View Post
    Any progress on this?
    I've decided not to pursue this since I'm now able to work with the MS45 and find it to be a better platform.

Has anyone on here converted from MS45.1 to MS43?

A tuning ability on the ms45 would be a better option than changing to ms43 anyway

Modification Thread
    Original Car: Silver Grey on Grey, A/T (1 of 186)
    As it sits: Silver Grey on Black, M/T (1 of 51)
    European Auto Source Tech
    Instagram: @CarbonZHP

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    I've decided not to pursue this since I'm now able to work with the MS45 and find it to be a better platform.
    Hey terra, I'm glad someone like you has been able to work with the MS45. Out of curiosity what do you like better about it than the MS43?

I hope someday I'll be able to dig into the MS45, tuning and exploring the DME is very interesting to me.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

Quote Originally Posted by rkneeshaw View Post
    Hey terra, I'm glad someone like you has been able to work with the MS45. Out of curiosity what do you like better about it than the MS43?

I hope someday I'll be able to dig into the MS45, tuning and exploring the DME is very interesting to me.
    Big one is that it's a torque managed DME. The DME knows what combination of throttle, revs, fuel, vanos, spark, etc leads to X torque. When I press down my foot, I'm requesting more torque, and the DME figures out what to do from there. It's a different sort of control scheme, but IMO a better one. I also like that the MS45.1 uses wideband O2 sensors, which should make things like going E85 feasible. And the MS45 does have support for a "sport mode" - which for now only switches the throttle map, but should be possible to repurpose to support other map changes. And with the way the input is setup, I don't think it would be too difficult to have multiple modes rather than just sport and non-sport.

The MS45 also has a much faster CPU, and I find the PowerPC code to be easier to follow than the C167 code from the MS43. It does have some security that has to be dealt with (RSA), but that should be feasible.

How has the progress been with MS45 if any? In terms of forced induction, how far along is the MS45?

I attempted the ms45.1 to ms43 swap 4/5 yrs ago on my ZHP. I had the engine harnesses, alternator, 3wire maf, o2 sensors, DME, etc etc etc...under the hood things were plug and play. Especially since I was working on the ts3 setup.

The harness for the chassis and the instrument clusters are different and I could not get far enough to get them to communicate. I even attempted to swap to an ms43 cluster but the plugs on the back were different.

I gave up because ESS was able to provide me with a ts3 tune based in the ts2+ tune using the known parameters from the ms43 ts3.

BUT.....I will say the ts3 setup on ms43 felt better/quicker and recorded better performance stats (at best as I could reproduce on the same track with similar temps)
    - Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast