Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Here is the picture -

Attachment 23849

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Based on that pic, it looks fine to me, man. Here's mine. I just cleaned and reoiled it so it hasn't been reinstalled yet. Held it up to the light...

Keep in mind, this is a single bulb ceiling light, not the sun as yours was photographed.

You're going to see light through there. If you couldn't, then air wouldn't be able to pass through! Just be sure to properly clean and oil the filter and you shouldn't have any problems. If your isn't physically damaged in any way, I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Yeah, think mine pretty much looks like that too.

That's a great question about a warranty, though. They claim to have a "million mile warranty". But it sounds like they'll just say you didn't comply with the terms. Worth trying, though!

http://www.knfilters.com/warranty.htm

I sent one in and they replaced it. It was on a previous car. I was chastised a bit for cleaning it too frequently. I guess it's supposed to get pretty dang dirty before you do.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Based on that pic, it looks fine to me, man. Here's mine. I just cleaned and reoiled it so it hasn't been reinstalled yet. Held it up to the light...

Keep in mind, this is a single bulb ceiling light, not the sun as yours was photographed.

You're going to see light through there. If you couldn't, then air wouldn't be able to pass through! Just be sure to properly clean and oil the filter and you shouldn't have any problems. If your isn't physically damaged in any way, I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    Yeah, think mine pretty much looks like that too.

That's a great question about a warranty, though. They claim to have a "million mile warranty". But it sounds like they'll just say you didn't comply with the terms. Worth trying, though!

http://www.knfilters.com/warranty.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    I sent one in and they replaced it. It was on a previous car. I was chastised a bit for cleaning it too frequently. I guess it's supposed to get pretty dang dirty before you do.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46fanatic
    BP and Ryan, You guys have given me the confidence to try the filter out...

Shawn, will also see if I'm as lucky as you...

Thanks!!

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    BP and Ryan, You guys have given me the confidence to try the filter out...

Shawn, will also see if I'm as lucky as you...

Thanks!!
    Good luck, let us know how the warranty claim turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Good luck, let us know how the warranty claim turns out.

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Debunking the K&N Myth – Why OEM is Better

For decades, the aftermarket hot rod, racing and tuning communities have relied on oiled-media filters to free up that extra few horsepower. In fact, it’s often one of the FIRST modifications many automotive enthusiasts do to their car. K&N filters, to their credit, is generally known to be the top name in oiled filters, and they do a great job of building a quality product. However, it’s always important to evaluate the claims and see exactly what you’re getting for your money.

This report shows, with empirical data and sound reasoning, why OEM filters perform better in a variety of areas.

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-OEM-is-Better

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 01-23-2016 at 10:33 AM.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Found Gruppe M replacement filter - Should I buy it?

Update: k&n basically said since they make the filters for gruppe m they can't sell it to me and I should contact gruppe m directly if I want a replacement

So il just use the existing filter as BP and Ryan said it looked OK...

Mine was/is destroyed. I had to take it out and swap my stock box back in. Really hope a viable replacement pops up sometime, because $100+ for a filter sucks for the lack of a better term.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast