Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Exclamation Car shaking at low idle and shuts off

Starting yesterday when I would start my car it would take longer to start when I turned the ignition key and when it did start the engine would shake and the RPMs would get low then the car would shut off almost like its stalling. I can turn it on again and keep it on but the revs bounce back and forth betweem 500-1000 and the engine still shakes. Also when it drives, whatever gear I am in, when its under about 2k revs I have very little power and the acceleration is very choppy. Once i get to higher revs it acts normal and the power comes back. Could it be a bad fuel pump? No codes were thrown.

Just went to go start it again and now it won't even start.
    Last edited by NickZHP; 01-21-2016 at 03:04 PM.
    2004 Silver Grey ZHP Sedan 6 Speed Manual
    CDV Delete, AUX Input, Clear TMS Lights, Stealth Bulbs, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, Black Grille,
    aFe Stage 1 CAI Pro 5r, Dinan Front Strut Brace, CF Splitters, Active Autowerke Headers

Could be. How's the battery? Also, any smoke?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Intake boots in good shape?

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Could be. How's the battery? Also, any smoke?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Battery is fine, no smoke. I'll go check the intake boots but I am pretty sure its the fuel pump.
    2004 Silver Grey ZHP Sedan 6 Speed Manual
    CDV Delete, AUX Input, Clear TMS Lights, Stealth Bulbs, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, Black Grille,
    aFe Stage 1 CAI Pro 5r, Dinan Front Strut Brace, CF Splitters, Active Autowerke Headers

Check your intake as others have suggested. I had the same issue years ago. Really rough start with bad idle. Giving it a little gas solved it until the next start up. Turns out one of my injectors was leaking pretty bad. Replaced it and the problem was solved. I honestly don't know how to check for that though so maybe the other members can chime in?

Have you cleaned the idle control valve recently??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Have you cleaned the idle control valve recently??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good idea.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46fanatic

sounds like a vacuum leak