Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good thing you got that fixed then!

Quote Originally Posted by spoonerDee View Post
    Now this really reminds me of my e36. When I first got it, it drove fine, except when I hit like 65-70mph or higher then suddenly it shook harder than my wife on a cold winters night.

I replaced the ball joints, control arm bushings, had an alignment and balance which fixed it 99%. There was still a very slight vibration at high speed but not like before. It originally was so bad the whole car would vibrate and hum like going over rumble strips. Scary stuff.
    Yeah that's exactly what I'm experiencing right now, lets see if the tie rods take care if it...

04' Sapphire Black 330ci ZHP 6MT | Hyper Silver ARC-8s | Vibrant Performance Exhaust w/ Straight Pipes (both resonators removed) | 3.46 Diff | AKG Polyurethane Diff Bushings | Coby Wheel - Shift Boot - E-Brake Boot - E-Brake Handle - Alcantara Door Pads | Koni FSD's w/ Eibach Springs | CDV Delete w/ Steel Braided Clutch Line | Michelin PSS
    Luca

Tie rods were fine so I took it to my Indy. They put it on the lift and checked all the front suspension and braking stuff, all of which was good. However, they found play in the one steering column bearing (the one on the upper U joint or something like that). Apparently, that little bit of play is what makes my steering wheel violently shake from side to side upon braking and at highway speeds. They quoted me $500 to replace it; anyone ever have this issue before? Sounds very rare.

04' Sapphire Black 330ci ZHP 6MT | Hyper Silver ARC-8s | Vibrant Performance Exhaust w/ Straight Pipes (both resonators removed) | 3.46 Diff | AKG Polyurethane Diff Bushings | Coby Wheel - Shift Boot - E-Brake Boot - E-Brake Handle - Alcantara Door Pads | Koni FSD's w/ Eibach Springs | CDV Delete w/ Steel Braided Clutch Line | Michelin PSS
    Luca

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12