Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

MtechJon's ZHP project

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Good stuff. Sorry to hear the previous repairs to the bumper is/was giving you so much grief.
    Thanks, mechanical stupidity grinds my gears probably about 5 wood screws into the bumper and fender and all it needed was 3 proper screws and a new bumper guide and was more solid then what it was but I always enjoy repairing things to make them better.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Nice work Jon.
    Thanks ELCID86

Found a DIY on the headrest guide and was surprisingly easy took about 10-15 minutes, I just followed what this guy said "just cut the tab" and it came right out! http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...07&postcount=9

Z4M FCAB's , M3 Strut Bar , Front Shock Tower Reinforcement Plates , M3 Engine Mounts , ECS Black Kidney Grilles , Satin Black Apex ARC-8 17" x 8.5" Squared set up, Alcantara Coby wrap w/ Blue stitching

Alright got tired of seeing my trim around the shifter scratched up so I gave it a try and spray painted it, I really like the results i used satin black restoleum and came out a little more flat then the original trim but I like it. I was going very light on the sprays and after 7 coats barely made a difference, I went f it and sprayed it good with 3 more coats.

Before

After

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk
    Z4M FCAB's , M3 Strut Bar , Front Shock Tower Reinforcement Plates , M3 Engine Mounts , ECS Black Kidney Grilles , Satin Black Apex ARC-8 17" x 8.5" Squared set up, Alcantara Coby wrap w/ Blue stitching

Looks pretty good. Can you take a pic of it next to a non-painted trim piece for comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Looks pretty good. Can you take a pic of it next to a non-painted trim piece for comparison?
    I'll try to get one, going to do the trim above glove box so I'll take a pic with that

Got some pics original is more glossy with purple hope the pics are good enough to show comparison between original and satin black

Yeah I think I can get the idea, thanks! Cool stuff. Is the pattern on the center console still very detailed or has the spray paint filled in some of the lines and made it less detailed?

Since the shifter trim was scratched pretty bad I got heavy on it so it did fill it in a little bit but not really too bad still has its detail but the trim above the glove box cam out really good only 3 coats and has sharp detail in the lines.

Im thinking my trim is purple due to sun exposure noticed my dash has a purple hue to it when I look at it in a certain angle

Quote Originally Posted by MtechJon View Post
    Since the shifter trim was scratched pretty bad I got heavy on it so it did fill it in a little bit but not really too bad still has its detail but the trim above the glove box cam out really good only 3 coats and has sharp detail in the lines.

Im thinking my trim is purple due to sun exposure noticed my dash has a purple hue to it when I look at it in a certain angle
    No, the purple is because they used that as a base to get the color. There is no black essentially, you just go really dark in a certain color to get black. Typically they use blue, brown, or purple.

Got my bmw flashlight today, now my glove box won't be so lonely

Quote Originally Posted by MtechJon View Post
    Got my bmw flashlight today, now my glove box won't be so lonely

Win. Loneliness sucks.

S7 Edge, out
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast